A Field, Some Snow And A Few Sheep

Elrond

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I managed to get into work yesterday but then one of the MD's advised people who drove to go home early. So I decided to go out for a bit of a walk and see what I could find before going back home and doing some work.

While driving home I went past a field and saw some sheep in there so thought I would walk back there and see what I got.

I had to crop quite a bit as they had seemed to move away from the road and I didn't want to change lens in the snow, but I think it has turned out quite well.

Luckily for the sheep they have woolly coats. The farmer had left some food for them but they obviously wanted to go and find their own!

[IMGLINK]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/3250611495_bd4a9711cb_o.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Comments are very welcomed and you can click for Flickr.

Its very apt . seems a little soft TBH but the subject is very well sorted

It does look a bit soft but then in a way I think it helps to emphasise(sp?) the weather conditions a bit.

It was also cropped within an inch of its life because I didn't want to go chaning lens in those conditions. Also I thought it would test out the 50D to see how much it could be cropped.

Having just read your post on the water droplet thread I thought I'd better not leave this page without a comment!

The image is good but my first reaction was 'out of focus' and my itnerest level dropped.

Looking more closely though it seems there was - a) just too much snow, b) the shutter speed was too slow or c) there's too much noise from the cropping.

Anyway, a little bit sharper and you'd have had a nice shot.

looks like blizzard conditions, no wonder it looks soft/OOF, your a brave man to even stop and attempt a shot in those conditions :smashin:

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom