a few sony 870 questions

Scyther

Just a few questions:

1. Can you attach multiple recordings to each other, like take one recorded file and attach it to another one somehow?

2. When dubbing to DVD, it's very annoying to have to watch the entire movie while it dubs, I'd like it to just work in the background, is there a way to prevent this? I noticed it doesn't do this when you select high speed dubbing, but that option only appears if the movie is recorded in HQ.

ciaranlyons

Standard Member
Scyther
I have the 970 but as far as I know...

1) No. Playlists seems to let you watch different clips in a row, but I don't think there's a way to actually merge them

2) I thought high speed dubbing was the only way to do this.

Sorry if that's not much use...

Scyther

Scyther
I have the 970 but as far as I know...

1) No. Playlists seems to let you watch different clips in a row, but I don't think there's a way to actually merge them

2) I thought high speed dubbing was the only way to do this.

Sorry if that's not much use...

Oh, dang, thanks for answering at least. And yes HSP is the only one which does that, but sometimes to fit it all on a disk I need to use lower record modes like ESP/LP etc so it's not always useful.

JH4

Just a few questions:

1. Can you attach multiple recordings to each other, like take one recorded file and attach it to another one somehow?

2. When dubbing to DVD, it's very annoying to have to watch the entire movie while it dubs, I'd like it to just work in the background, is there a way to prevent this? I noticed it doesn't do this when you select high speed dubbing, but that option only appears if the movie is recorded in HQ.

You are not quite correct about the HQ mode. Read page 101 of the manual regarding high speed dubbing mode.
The only normal restrictions that prevent this - if you use DVD-R blanks, are: the file size being too big for the disc ( I just divide the title and dub to 2 discs at high speed - it's a lot easier and MUCH quicker than real time dubbing, and you keep the original picture quality, t'boot.)
Also if there are mixed aspect ratios in a title. The Manual explains this.
Lastly if you record in HQ+ mode - that bit rate is too fast for DVDs, so that won't high speed dub either. It's all there in the Manual.
A tip would be - if you only want to watch recorded programmes from the hard disc, then use HQ+ mode for the best picture quality. If you want to dub them to DVD, then use HQ mode, divide the title if it's too big, and dub at high speed. Works for me..

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom