1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few Samsung SP-50L7HXX questions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by JazzG, Jul 8, 2005.

1. JazzG

JazzG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi there, just wanted to ask a few questions about the SP-50L7HXX. Have just bought one recently and am having a few problems. Before I start my settings are the same as the opening post in http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222408 this thread.

1) First of does anyone know the code to enable the sky+ remote to work with the TV, so I can control sound. Me mum and dad like to control it from there instead of grabbing the tv remote everytime so they are getting a bit annoyed and nagging me everyday to sort it out! I've tried all the codes available under Samsung http://www1.sky.com/customer_support/pdfs/sky+-remote_control_programming.pdf from this file and none of them seem to work.

2) Certain channels on Sky don't seem quite right, for example Sky sports news the info on the side doesn't seem quite sharp and there are a lot of jaggie edges if you know what I mean. I have set the sky+ to output RGB and it is better than PAL but still not right, do you think it could be down to the scart cable being used? I'm using some normal ones right now but I have ordered some premium ones from cable universe so do you think that should sort it out? Most other channels seem ok but sky sports news just looks terrible at times and I watch this channel the most myself!

3) The DVD player quality doesn't quite seem right to me either, seems a bit fuzzy at times. I have a Denon 2910 and it is connected using a HDMI cable. The DVD player can output at a different res but they seem the same to me. Do you think this is a problem with the DVD player or some settings with the TV need to be tweaked?

Sorry for the slightly noobish questions but I honestly don't have a clue when it comes to this kind of stuff, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. JazzG

JazzG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well solved problem 1 and 2. The sky+ remote code was 0646 and now it controls the volume from the sky remote! The cables from cable universe also seem to have done the trick as well and the quality is more sharper now.

Just thought that I'd post it here so someone doesn't go off trying to figure out what was wrong, though I somehow don't think that is the case here ;)

3. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Glad too see you got it sorted, have a play with the settings as everyones eyes are diff. I use Kablemans for DVD but i use different settings for my sky and xbox, also try playing with the my coulour settings, you might get a better pic again.
    Welcome to the forums and hope you have many hours of joy with your sammy. :smashin: