A few questions

g33n13

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Im hoping to get sky hd very soon, I was wondering how long it took from phoning sky up to having the engineer come down, im going on holiday very soon and want to know if its possible to squeeze in HD just before I go :D

Im also curious about a minority of people saying you need at least a 42"+ TV to fully enjoy HD, I have a 40" samsung m87 and want to know if anyone here has sky HD on this set.

Thanks in advanced :smashin:

Phoned Thursday pm at 1900, card arrived following Tuesday, engineer on site Thursday am, all in and working for Thursday lunchtime. Glasgow area.

Depends on when you are available.

When i ordered they offered to come and install it 2 days later but i wasnt available at that time. Had to wait a week for available appointment when both myself and the engineer were available.

Really depends on your area and how many installers there are.

Could be next day, could be two weeks.

I've waited a couple of weeks in the past but not any longer.

You will see the wonder of HD with a 40 inch TV. Ive had mine plugged into a 19 inch Sony Panel/Monitor and into a Bravia 32. You see the difference, all depends on how close you sit tho to be honest.

Im getting a 42 (when I decide which one I want) only because now the sofa is to far away fom the TV. You will be fine with a 40.

Im also curious about a minority of people saying you need at least a 42"+ TV to fully enjoy HD, I have a 40" samsung m87 and want to know if anyone here has sky HD on this set.

I have a Panasonic 37" Plasma and the HD picture quality is stunning - especially on sports.

Ken

Hi

Im hoping to get sky hd very soon, I was wondering how long it took from phoning sky up to having the engineer come down, im going on holiday very soon and want to know if its possible to squeeze in HD just before I go :D

When I ordered it in June this year, I ordered it online, and picked a day the following week, so it's quite quick.
I have a 40" M87 and it looks great. :thumbsup:

Hi

If you already have Sky+, buy a box youself, plug in, pair up and off you go. Fairly instant

40" 1080p Sony KDL-40W2000 here, looks fantastic. Go for it. :D

Thanks a lot guys, unfortunately still stuck on the very old amstrad box :p, so I will take up the £199 offer with half price installation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom