A few questions...

dann3y456

Novice Member
Hi there, just got my PS3 40gb after my 3rd broken 360 since launch.

Anyway, i like using the internet browser on a big screen so, but not with the ps3 controller. So i need to know a few things, if i get a bluetooth keeyboard and mouse does it need to be a specific one or will any old thing work? Or is the USB option likley to be cheaper/better? If i were to go for the USB i would need a USB hub, so do these work?

With the amount of demo's ill be downloading and probablly installing linux at some point i'm gonna need a bigger HDD, Will an external one work plugged into a USB as this seems quite cheap, or will i have to buy a PS3 HDD and install it to my console (Which i really dont want to have to do...)

Many questions i know, but all help is appreciated.

Cheers, Dan.

DJSigma

Banned
Demos have to be downloaded to the internal hard drive and if you install Linux, that's where that'll be installed too. It's not hard to fit a PS3 hard drive though and any 9mm thick 2.5" SATA drive will work with it.

dann3y456

Novice Member
Demos have to be downloaded to the internal hard drive and if you install Linux, that's where that'll be installed too. It's not hard to fit a PS3 hard drive though and any 9mm thick 2.5" SATA drive will work with it.
Ok Thanks for letting me know, so from what i understand the only use an external HDD would have would be for storing game saves and things like that?

I dont really like the sound of opening up my PS3 though, but my mate is a right geek so ill get him to source and install one :clap:

cols

Novice Member
The sticky thread is really helpful. It's a doddle mate.

link

Re usb hubs, yes they do work. If you're going to connect a lot of stuff to it at once then imho it's best to get a mains powered one (i use one myself and it does a great job).:smashin:

DJSigma

Banned
Ok Thanks for letting me know, so from what i understand the only use an external HDD would have would be for storing game saves and things like that?
You could use it to back up your game saves, but for actually using with games, the saves are stored on the internal drive. You'd hook up an external drive to watch films, listen to music or view pics from it (all of those things can be done via the internal drive too) or to make a backup of your PS3's hard drive.

dann3y456

Novice Member
Ok ive got the HDD isseu sorted, thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction :thumbsup:.

Orderd a mains powerd USB hub, now only the keyboard/mouse issue left, anyone know of a good compatiable USB/Bluetooth keyboard and mouse? :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom