1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions that I'd love answered...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by KingOfHyrule, Nov 20, 2004.

1. KingOfHyrule

KingOfHyrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm brand new to the forums and I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a hand with these questions I have -

I'm planning on buying the Samsung SP42Q2HL for Christmas, and it's mainly going to be used for playing videogames. I've heard of the hazards and risks with playing videogames on a RPTV but I've also heard a few other things and I need to get it straight before I buy this set.

1. Is the SP42Q2HL an LCD RPTV?
    2. Are LCD RPTVs less prone to burn-in than others?
    3. If I play games for 2-3 hours every day, will I be safe?

Thanks very much!

2. Chris5

Chris5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    If you are about to buy a rear projection tv, then I would only consider the new ones based on DLP technology (models talked about on this forum) as they are far superior to any other existing RP technology (in all ways) and cost the same. They are very new though so can be hard to track down.

Having a quick look at the online maual for this set, I would say it was CRT based, not LCD or DLP. You may get screen burn with this tv if non-moving images are left on the screen for too long

3. KingOfHyrule

KingOfHyrule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was a CRT model as well, but this site has it listed as an LCD rear-projection TV...so I'm confused! Thanks for the reply Chris5 :thumbsup:

4. whiteswan

whiteswan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  5. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Went to Costco (Leeds) today to see if they had one on display but they didn't have one. Maybe theyv'e sold 'em all? The place was packed and I had wife & kids in tow so didn't ask anyone about stock etc.