a few questions bout NW-HD5

E

Eldar

hi i was thinking of buying this sony mp3 player it would be my very first one, i was just wondering can it play 320 bitrated mp3s downloaded via p2p appz? and also can i transfer files from mp3 player to PC?

cheers!

Eldar said:
hi i was thinking of buying this sony mp3 player it would be my very first one, i was just wondering can it play 320 bitrated mp3s downloaded via p2p appz? and also can i transfer files from mp3 player to PC?

cheers!

don't think you can do your 2nd question

you can play 320kbps mp3s, but this would drain the battery dastest and take up loads of memory and the second point...I think if you use your hd5 as an external hard drive then yes I don't see why you couldn't.

myepitome said:
you can play 320kbps mp3s, but this would drain the battery dastest and take up loads of memory and the second point...I think if you use your hd5 as an external hard drive then yes I don't see why you couldn't.

theres no need, thats far too high of a quality. All my files are either 64, 112, 124 or 192kb/s and there is very little difference in the sound qualities

wormvortex1337 said:
theres no need, thats far too high of a quality. All my files are either 64, 112, 124 or 192kb/s and there is very little difference in the sound qualities

Thats an unjustified and untrue opinion!
Music will always sound better at a higher bitrate and it all depends on what you are listening to and whether your speakers or headphones are of a decent quality.....if you have cheap headphones you probably wont notice the difference. Don't say that 64kb/s sounds no different than 192kb/s!!!!! even on cheap headphones the difference will be obvious!

With regards to original question 320 is fine, it will just take up more space and decrease the longevity of the battery ...if it is VBR then it will affect fast forward and further decrease battery longevity.

For Drag n Drop....search the forum...theres a program out there!

:rotfl:

You cant transfer tracks from the player to the computer, for some stupid reason, just like Ipods and almost any other player. You can transfer files using the removable storage part of the HD5 but then it wont come up in the music playlist.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom