1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions before I take the plunge.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by worz, Oct 24, 2005.

1. worz

worz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    First post for me after weeks of trying to make a choice and failing.

I started with the usual suspects of the 42" PV500 and the Pioneer 436 xde. I want to hang my plasma on the wall, so the 436 is prob a better bet, but being able to get the Panny cheaper and from JL with its 5 year warrenty is very appealing. Anyway.

A couple of basic plasma questions before i replace my trusty sony crt. I mainly watch sport and DVD's with the gf watching normal every day progs.
    I have seen the 2 screens side by side playing the HD demos at comet and they look very nice, but I have heard that plasmas dont handle sport very well and can be blurry etc. I would hate to spend all this money to have something that looks nice on the wall, but only if its running a HD demo!

Do the Pannys fit ok on the wall, they seem to have a big bulge at the bottom.

I have sky + and a surround system, which will get an upgrade soon too. Please put my mind at rest. I need to choose something so its either go flat or stay fat.
    Cheers :D

2. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PV500 sticks out 14cm from the wall due to the bulge at he bottom, I think the panels stick out approx 9cm.

This is due to the fat the PV500 has a built in tuner, subwoofers etc.

3. ptg1527

ptg1527
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I received my 436 on Saturday and have watched 3 live games. I havent noticed any blurring (at 75hz) or the processing artefacts that my old Sony 32FQ80 used to display at 100 hz when watching football cricket etc. The pq is terrific i cant speak for the Panasonic but i,m more than happy with the Pioneer.

4. worz

worz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thanks that has made me feel better :)

5. dickst3

dickst3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Since you don't need a tuner or sound, why not go for a panel to hang on the wall?

I am very pleased with my PWD7 and sports are great - I watch alot of football. :thumbsup: