1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions and some advice required (AVR300/DV79/Pioneer435XDE)

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by kavar, Nov 26, 2004.

1. kavar

kavar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I am a long time arcam customer and am wanting to upgrade my entire system to be more AV friendly. ( I have an arcam 2-channel Alpha 9, ruark tallisman 2's and a marrantz CD player atm )

Am thinking of going down the route of AVR300/DV79 and pioneer 435XDE. I have the following questions and requests.

I have seen a post regarding the display of the DV79 not being able to dim and turn off like the AVR300, is this still the case?

I would like to know if anyone has any pronto IR code templates for the above mentioned components as I would like to butcher them for my own!

It appears that there have been some issues with the AVR300, have these issues been resolved now or are people still having to send back units for faulty fans or code. I have never had a problem with Arcam kit and I am a little worried about the frequency of the issues reported in this forum alone.

I am looking for a friendly retailer to purchase all this kit from (and an HDMI cable), I used to shop at Hi-Fi Corner in Rose St, Edinburgh which was a great place, am now in London and was looking for a good place with competitive prices? Any suggestions welcome even if you work there!

Kind regards

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nop, all AVR300's work fine now !

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    All the DVD players have the ability to dim and turn off their display. To do this with the AVR300 remote you need to select 'DVD' as the device you wish to control then press the 'Info' button.