A few questions about the Vita TV and PSP games

cress

Hi

From what I understand, the PlayStation store has recently stopped selling PSP games, apart from if you buy them on the console you want to play them on. Is this correct? So does that mean you can still buy and download PSP games on the Vita TV?

Another question about the console - does it require a permanent wi-fi connection to operate? I don’t have broadband at home, and was thinking (hoping) if I were to buy one of these I could use my work’s mobile phone (which is what I’m posting with now) to create a wi-fi hotspot, set it all up, download the (literal) two PSP games I want this thing for, and then that’ll be that, it won’t need to be online again after that. Would this work?

Many thanks.

cress

Oh that would be great! Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse.

I know Wipeout 2048 came out for the Vita, but apparently that isn’t compatible with the Vita TV, but the two PSP Wipeout games are - or rather were, until Sony apparently stopped supporting old games on their store or somesuch (I dunno for sure really, I’m a bit out of the loop with gaming in general).
Thank you!

Pavey

Hi mate. Sorry for the delay, been busy celebrating turning 47 :(

Wipeout Pulse is available and says compatible with Vita TV, £6.49. No mention at all of Pure. 2048 is there, but that does say compatible with Vita only (not TV) - as you mentioned.

cress

Hey no worries, and happy birthday! Age is nothing but a number!

Genuine massive thanks for looking into that for me, Wipeout Pure was really the deal breaker, so you’ve saved me a huge blunder here! It’s mad that Sony are delisting PSP games for this platform, there’s literally no reason to do so other than sheer bastardry.
There are certain models of PSP that can connect to TV’s though (or in my case, projector), so I guess I can look into that option next.
Cheers!

Pavey

Ha ha, thanks mate.

I think from memory the 3000 PSP is the one that has Component out, and maybe even the 2000 model too. Has been long time since i had one of those!

I'm not sure as have never done it before but wonder if custom firmware on the Vita or PSTV would help?

cress

That sounds like more faffing about than I’m prepared to undertake. Looking on ebay i can actually get a refurbed psp 2000 and both games for about the same price, even a little less than the PSTV anyway. It should have been the first choice really!
Thanks again young man.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom