1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about the Sony HD5.

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by L11, Jun 3, 2005.

1. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When I change tracks on my HD5, i can feel the hard drive 'moving', is it supposed to this?

Is there away to shuffle through artists (eg, shuffle all michael jacksons songs, through all albums)? I really don't understand this unit mode

Thanx in advance

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Don't worry, that's normal. It's a result of there being not very much space between the outer casing and the drive (it's a tiny unit). You'll be able to feel the hard drive rumble a little. Sony confirms this in the manual.

3. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, that's normal for most hdd players, at the end of the day its amazing they can fit such a tiny hd and have a removable battery!

4. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, for this you need to turn unit on and shuffle tracks (im not sure what shuffle items is...) and then select Michael Jackson and press play and it should shuffle through all the albums

5. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read about "Shuffle Items" and that basically shuffles the tracks in one album of that artist, then shuffles the tracks in the same artist's next album, so you definitely want shuffle tracks

6. Simebaby

Simebaby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I thought it was the opposite... it plays the albums (or artists if you start with genre) in random order, but the tracks are played in the correct order.

7. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Also, sonicstage doesnt wanna convert any of my wma files while transferring. it jus says 'these files cannot be played back on this device'.. and when i convert them manually to atrac3 or atrac3plus, and then try to transfer.. it still doesnt work

8. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shuffle items - shuffles the songs within an album, not within the artist
    but if u turn on shuffle tracks and then when you reach the artist in the list, press play and it shuffles between however many albums that artist has

9. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    try converting them to mp3 using third party software first. then try atrac3plus.