• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A few questions about PS3.....

sparky6899

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm off to New York in January - wondered is it worth picking up a PS3 while I'm out there. Obviously I'm aware of the voltage differences, but will the NSTC thing prove a problem?

Or shall I just order one from Hong Kong and have it shipped to me?

Xmax250

You'll find the answers to all your questions just by taking a few minutes to read some of the previous threads in this forum mate.

:)

F

FullMetalAlchy

All you need is a power lead for a pc, stick that in and you'll be fine..... No need for any step down convertor at all

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I'm off to New York in January - wondered is it worth picking up a PS3 while I'm out there. Obviously I'm aware of the voltage differences, but will the NSTC thing prove a problem?

Or shall I just order one from Hong Kong and have it shipped to me?

Power isnt a problem as all PS3's use a multivoltage PSU so all you need is a 3 pin kettle/pc lead with a 3amp fuse.

Also, if you are going to be playing in HD then NTSC/PAL are terms that are no longer relevant but if you are going to be playing in SD then you want to get an RGB Scart Cable, this should give a good picture and assuming your TV isnt ancient it should playback with no problems.

sparky6899

Standard Member
Power isnt a problem as all PS3's use a multivoltage PSU so all you need is a 3 pin kettle/pc lead with a 3amp fuse.

Also, if you are going to be playing in HD then NTSC/PAL are terms that are no longer relevant but if you are going to be playing in SD then you want to get an RGB Scart Cable, this should give a good picture and assuming your TV isnt ancient it should playback with no problems.

Thanks indiana jones!!

I've got a 40inch sony LCD anyway so I'll be using HDMI.

I'd better bring a spare suitcase to NY with me then!!!:D

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom