1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Few Questions About My New Humax 8000T/80

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Kevo, Aug 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Only had the Humax 8000T a few days and so far I'm very pleased with it.

Just a few niggles/questions....

(Software Version is [PGTTF 1.00.13])

When I press Instant record multiple times it's supposed to increment the record time in 30 mins (much like a VCR), yet mine starts at 2 hours on the first press and not +30mins. Checked with the software version and this is when this feature was introduced, yet not on mine?

Also when I came to watch the above recording it started playing back in the middle (or end?) of the recording and not the beginning!
    Is there an easy way to instantly go the beginning of a recording other than using the Time Bar?

If I leave it switched on and not recording manually will it auto record the channel it's on anyway? All through the night? :eek:
    I do like this 'auto record the current channel' but how long does it record for and is it doing the HDD any good?

Can you schedule a recording from the 'Now and Next' bar, i.e. the 'Next' programme?

Can't see the record LED very well :mad:

AT LAST, A CHANNEL NUMBER DISPLAY PANEL ON A FREEVIEW BOX :smashin: :clap:

Believe it or not this feature was near the top of my list when buying a PVR and am surprise there's not more gripes about the lack of it on many (most) stbs and PVRs. I find it essential.
    I now don't have to keep turning the TV on when I want to do a quick/instant record.....BLISS!

2. Flakmunky

Flakmunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Keep pressing the record button... For some reason it is a bit weird - it will go up to 2hrs59 and then to 30mins, then 60, 90...

I might have misunderstood your next question... But... The timeshift buffer is seperate to the recording buffer. What I mean is that if you have been watching a programme for say 10mins and think "I want to record this" and hit record, it will not save the first 10mins, only from when you pressed record. This is a limitation of the hardware and is highly annoying! FWIW, the Topfield allows you to rewind the programme to the beginning and then you press record...

If you are watching a recording and press stop, then start watching the same recording again, the 8kT will resume playback from where you left off. If you playback anything else, it will lose the place in the 1st recording and play it from the beginning again. So a workaround would be to start playing something else, stop it and then select the recording you wanted to start from the beginning. Believe it or not, this is quicker than using the time bar to take it back to the beginning.

'Auto recording' is a good feature.... The amount it records depends upon the amount of free disk space, I think... It says in the manual 1/2 hour, but I have been able to rewind much further. It doesn't damage the hdd, there have been multiple discussions about this and the general thinking is that damage is done to hdd's during the power up / down cycle and so leaving it on is maybe better. The jury is still out. But servers operate 24/7 and can last 5 years plus...

Now Next = No, sorry. Press the Guide button. I always wished it would show live TV in a window. If you pause the live TV before going in to the guide, when you come out it is no longer paused, which is a shame, however you can rewind to where you were before you entered the guide.

Record LED... You are aware that there is a thin plastic film on the front of the box? Some owners haven't been! The front is very shiny and mirror like. If yours looks 'dusty' remove the film! You should be able to see the LED no problem...

Lastly, you are quite a few software versions behind... The latest release is v2.00 which is actually a renamed version 1.00.17... Contact customer support, you require a special cable to connect the Humax to your pc...

And finally, take a look over at www.radioandtelly.co.uk and the forums there as there are a number of users who post there. They are all very helpful.

Cheers,

vM

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Thanks Flakmunky

Plenty there for me to look at and some v useful tips.

Cheers.

4. Fatman

Fatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: