1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few Pioneer 433-MXE questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by crawf1982, Mar 17, 2003.

1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have been doing some research on plasmas and I think I may have found the one that meets my needs - the Pioneer PDP 433-MXE. I am looking for a screen that I can plug all my AV equipment into as well as a PC/laptop and get good results from both.

What I don't want to end up with is a tuner box, a scart switch box or any loopthroughs. I just want to be able to plug each individual piece of equipment directly into a separate input on the plasma and be able to scroll through them all 1 by 1 simply by pressing the "input select" button on the remote. I think I can do this on a 433-MXE with the PDA-5002 video board installed.

So here's what I have and what I want to do. Advice and suggestions will be most appreciated:

PC/Laptop -> Plasma DVI Input via DVI cable

NTL Cable -> Plasma VGA Input via JSTech RGB Scart to Plasma converter box

DVD Recorder (DMR-E30) -> Plasma S-Video Input via S-Video cable

Now, here's the one I'm not sure on:

DVD Jukebox (Sony DVP-CX850D) -> Plasma ????

I now have 2 inputs left - the component input and the BNC input. I have found both Scart to component and Scart to BNC cables for sale on the net. Would either of these types of cable do a suitable job? Here are the links:

Scart to component + composite sync:
    http://www.hificables.co.uk/acatalog/SCART_to_BNC_.html

Scart to BNC + 2 phono:
    http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/dept.asp?Frame=Bottom&dept_id=201

Also, I have found the plasma for around £3500 inc. vat + delivery. Has anybody seen it for much less with the PDA-5002 video board installed?

Many thanks,

Dave

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi Dave,

I'm presuming that you have the UK version of the CX850D which has an RGB Scart output, and not a component output like the US version. What you need is a JSTech RGB to component converter. This would give you the best possible picture from the Sony. Hope this helps. Good choice of plasma, by the way! ;)

Steve

3. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Note also that the Pioneers don't have an "input select" button - they have 5 discrete input select buttons - i.e. its not possible to cycle through the inputs with just one button. This is actually a benefit if you have (e.g.) a Pronto.

4. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks guys! That all makes good sense now that I think about it.

A Pronto is definitely next on the shopping list just below the plasma. Is it possible to put a list of all my DVDs in the Pronto so that I can select them directly from the remote? The disc navigator is very cumbersome on the Sony DVD jukebox.

Cheers,

Dave

5. phil_evans

phil_evans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe there are examples of people doing this with CD jukeboxes for the Pronto so I imagine its possible for a DVD jukebox. Have a search for your Sony model number on the forums and files sections of http://www.remotecentral.com - best resource for Prontos. Think the pronto is still going for £99 at RicherSounds too - bargain!