• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

A few pics of my little setup

boozyjunior

Standard Member
Nothing special but as you guys on here like your pictures i thought i would make a post as there seems to be some fantastic kit and houses on here.

We moved into our new house 16 months ago and we have finally got round to changing all our old tvs with new ones so here is a pic of my living room

We have got

LG50PS3000
Series 21 kenwood surround sound 5.1
Series 21 kenwood AV Unit
Series 21 Mini Disk player/Recorder
Nintendo Wii
Sky Plus
Toshiba DVD player

DSC05685.jpg

DSC05692.jpg

Also here are a couple of pics from the bedroom too.

In here we have a 40in Technika which was an ex display at tesco for £319 i thought that was bargain

DSC05693.jpg

DSC05695.jpg

Comments would be good what do you guys think i still need to get Sky HD and a Blu Ray player and hoping to get set up a dedicated Cinema Room in a couple of years.

Been reading this site for a while now and i must say its fantastic although i keep wanting to get new gadgets as some of the kit on here is awsome. :clap:

^Joe

Nice set up, and I love the unit in the lounge.

I would be tempted to angle the unit so it's facing you more, and then get the front 2 speakers so they're either side of the TV. More of a 5.1 feel to it.

How have you hidden the TV cables in the bedroom?

boozyjunior

Standard Member
Nice set up, and I love the unit in the lounge.

I would be tempted to angle the unit so it's facing you more, and then get the front 2 speakers so they're either side of the TV. More of a 5.1 feel to it.

How have you hidden the TV cables in the bedroom?

I Did have it at and angle but the TV does turn enough I have two dogs who are a bit careless and they tend to knock the speakers so they are there as that is the safest place for them :)

Yes we were lucky with the bedroom that we have got a box in the loft that all our cables going into from our sky dish as all the rooms came with the cables already bulit into the house. So i just drilled a hole down into the cavity wall and after a bit of fiddling about we got some string to pull the cables up into the loft as there was power up there too.

Unit was form Ikea its excellent value too

boozyjunior

Standard Member
Boozy,

Looks great and livingroom looks really nice.

Can I ask one question, where do you sit when watching the telly?

From the picture of livingroom I am not sure where I would sit other than right at the end with the foot stool bit

Thanks guys

Colin that is where i sit its the best spot and more comfy :thumbsup:

bobbaray

Boozy - we have so many of those Posh sponsored Peterborough tops between friends. Do you have my friends autograph on it? Simon Rae?:thumbsup: Also good friends with Howard Forinton (record signing back in the day!:rolleyes:)

boozyjunior

Standard Member
Boozy - we have so many of those Posh sponsored Peterborough tops between friends. Do you have my friends autograph on it? Simon Rae?:thumbsup: Also good friends with Howard Forinton (record signing back in the day!:rolleyes:)

Dont know if he is on it he should be i will have to check , but simon rae was a true gent and was good for us as was howard until he got injured always remember that cracking goal he scored for us at lincoln.

Both nice guys, shame we are playing so rubbish at the moment looks like a swift return back to league one for us.

scjgreen

Nice Setup, Loving the Pool Table :)

ninG

looks lovely mate, can i ask you who the developers were for your house, the construction looks identical to ours down to the honeywell thermostat in your bedroom.

boozyjunior

Standard Member
looks lovely mate, can i ask you who the developers were for your house, the construction looks identical to ours down to the honeywell thermostat in your bedroom.

Thanks, its Stamford Homes in Peterborough they have got a few developments going on

^Joe

How about then, pull the front right speaker out, move the TV up a bit, and put the front right at the far right end?

You would get a better 2.1 at the front, and it keeps it tidy.

FTW.

Games room... :thumbsup:

bobbaray

They are great guys, still pretty good players too (bit of step down as they play in our 5 a-side team):eek:

Best game has got to be against Newcastle in the FA cup, 2-4 did not do that game justice!!

Sorry to take the attention off your thread. I'll shut up now.

Nice setup by the way:smashin:

v o l u m e

Boozy

Top setup that mate, when can I move in? :D

boozyjunior

Standard Member
They are great guys, still pretty good players too (bit of step down as they play in our 5 a-side team):eek:

Best game has got to be against Newcastle in the FA cup, 2-4 did not do that game justice!!

Sorry to take the attention off your thread. I'll shut up now.

Nice setup by the way:smashin:

Thanks yes that was a cracking game, sounds like you have got a good five a side team. Nice to hear what ex posh players get up too

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom