A few noob questions on Archos.......

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by stevep94, Feb 12, 2009.

1. stevep94

stevep94

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Before I start I should mention that I know absolutely nothing about Archos or their products! In fact I only heard the name for the first time today!

Anyway, I've been looking recently for a portable media centre and their name has popped up a couple of times...
    Heres what I'm looking for ideally....

1. Something portable to be used for holidays, flights etc but not neccessarily pocket-sized
    2. Something with a decent sized screen for viewing photos and watching films
    3. Ideally something that will let me connect to the internet via wi-fi for general browsing and emails
    4. Decent battery life for long flights
    5. Something I can store my MP3's on and play either through speakers and/or connect to a home cinema system
    6. Something I can watch pretty much any format video files on (divx, avi etc etc)

Im sure other requirements will come to me but essentially the above is what I'm after so I've been looking at the Archos products!
    Can someone walk me through the various products and also explain to me the difference between the internet tablets and the portable media players??

Thanks guys...

SteveP

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. timcs

timcs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Steve you may want to try ->Compare MP3 Players - abi>>compare as this allows you to choose the requirements you are after and shows the PMPs that should match .

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Could not get archos to come up on that site

To the OP the archos 5 or 7 will do everything you want just depends on what screen size you want

4. timcs

timcs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Jon

In the brand section is shows Archos as one of the first options on the left
    hand side. The list beneath then gives and option of the models , the only one not there is the 7 but the 5 is there.