A few from my new 5D

ghibbett

Well this weekend was my chance to give the new 5D a bit of a workout. Bit of a change upgrading from the 400D, and I still find myself trying to work out how to change ISO / metering etc what with the top screen, scroll wheel etc, but overall I love it! And the viewfinder...:zonked:

Anyway, enough chat. Here's a few of the pics...

1. A flower

24-105L | 105mm | f/4 | 1/800sec | ISO400

2. My attempt at an abstract

24-105L | 55mm | f/4 | 1/640sec | ISO400

3. Another flower (dandilion?)

24-105L | 90mm | f/4 | 1/800sec | ISO200

4. And finally a quick candid of my g/f

24-105L | 105mm | f/4 | 1/20sec | ISO400

All images are clickable.
Cheers :thumbsup:

lightpainter

Very nice shots and I bloody hate them.
Not that I’m jealous or anything! Lol

jmbrailsford

Very nice you lucky sod, however your GF looks like she has just totalled up how much your hobby is costing :D

Mike.

TarMoo

I like the 3rd one - nice blurred background makes the foreground flower really stand out.

stevegreen

Distinguished Member
........ and I still find myself trying to work out how to change ISO / metering etc what with the top screen, scroll wheel etc, but overall I love it! And the viewfinder...:zonked:

After my first go at shooting manual with it and not being able to work out how to change the aperture I now carry the instruction book in my bag :laugh:

Glad you like it and some nice pics to start with.

Steve Balcombe

Standard Member
Good to see you're happy with the 5D, Grant. When I upgraded from the 400D to the 40D (similar controls to the 5D of course) it took a while to get used to it. A few weeks and a few hundred shots later and it's starting to feel familiar.

Does your g/f know about the 16-35II yet? ;-)

ghibbett

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Good to see you're happy with the 5D, Grant. When I upgraded from the 400D to the 40D (similar controls to the 5D of course) it took a while to get used to it. A few weeks and a few hundred shots later and it's starting to feel familiar.

Does your g/f know about the 16-35II yet? ;-)

Nope :D Not sure if I'm going to go 16-35 f/2.8 or 17-40 f/4 yet. Either way I'm fortunate in that the g/f would never check the actual cost of the lens. This means that whether 16-35 or 17-40, either one is only about £200...:devil:

How's the 10-22 coming along? Got any pics to share yet?

Steve Balcombe

Standard Member
How's the 10-22 coming along? Got any pics to share yet?

Still only had the one real opportunity to use it - it's not an everyday lens of course. Got lots of pics that I'm personally happy with, but haven't quite got that perfect shot that I want to show off!

I've used the 17-40 and it's a great lens - the handling a build quality are fantastic. But the word on the street is that the 16-35II is well worth the extra cost if you can stretch to it. Don't be tempted by the MkI though, a few suppliers still have them at a temptingly lower price, but it's not the same lens.

I haven't had the privilege of using the 16-35, this is only what I've seen and read so please judge accordingly.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom