A few changes

pmanson

Established Member
Reaction score
It's taken two and half years but it's finally finished (bar a couple of last minute bits and pieces).

Before (the day after we moved in):
Workstarted08.jpg

House01.jpg

After some hard graft:
IMGP1483.JPG

IMGP1481.JPG

I also have two ceiling mounted speakers in the kitchen (zone 2) running from the amp (onkyo 605).

Since those pics were taken i've completed the following:

* Decorating finished
* Custom built Media Centre with an external 7" Touch Screen
* Home made AV rack

AVRack01.jpg

AVRack06.jpg

AVRack204.jpg

AVRack205.jpg

New carpet down and everything finished:

Loungefinished01.jpg

Loungefinished02.jpg

Loungefinished11.jpg

Loungefinished08.jpg

Loungefinished06.jpg

Loungefinished07.jpg

The set up above didn't change until recently and then Santa came early and delivered a few new toys!

The Toshiba 32WL66 has been replaced by a 50" LG 50PS3000 and the Pioneer DVD Player changed to an LG BR360.

TV01.jpg

Slightly larger than the old one!
TV02.jpg

I also upgraded the Media Centre to Windows 7:
TV09.jpg

I need to adjust the TV on the bracket (the tv needs moving slightly to the right) and then reinstall the centre speaker:

TV10.jpg

Next jobs will be to install the old LCD in the bedroom and get hold of an all in one remote of some description!

very nice setup also have to give you credit for that very impressive looking av rack that you made looks sturdy and very neat looking to well smart.:smashin:

Remote- get yourself one now, 525 £39.00 in sales, 555 £44.99 on line, bargin!!

LG looks good or should I say "lifes good"!!

very nice setup also have to give you credit for that very impressive looking av rack that you made looks sturdy and very neat looking to well smart.:smashin:

Cheers.

I couldn't find anything that would meet my requirements (depth and number of shelves) for a reasonable amount of money.

I got the local carpentary place to drill the holes in each corner, mitre the edges and cut the recess for the cables. I've put cable holders onto each shelve for "cable management"

It's a big jump up from the Toshiba LCD I have to say.

I went to Richer Sounds to pick up a 555 the other day but they didn't have one.

Ideally I'd want it to control:

TV
V+
Blu-Ray
Media PC (Need to switch from HDMI1 to HDMI2 on the TV)
Onkyo Amp
Zone 2 on the amp (On/Off, Input select, Volume)
Three IR light switches (on/off/dim)

Will the 555 do this?

Last edited:
Nice job :smashin: would you not want the tv a little lower on the wall?

In hindsight slightly lower would be good but i'm limited to where the plug socket is.

I've dropped the new TV down as much as I can, and being larger it fills the space much better.

Founds some pics of the work completed in the kitchen:

Workstarted06.jpg

kitchen02.jpg

kitchen03.jpg

kitchen05.jpg

After replastering, painting, lights installed and speakers installed (Powered via the Onkyo 605 in the lounge:
Lights01.jpg

KitchenFloor01.jpg

KitchenFloor02.jpg

KitchenFloor03.jpg

Since those pics we've had the glass door between the kitchen and lounge installed, fitted and painted all the skirting board and installed an American style fridge.

I picked up a Harmony One on Friday night... i've spent the weekend configuring it and it's now working great.

Couple more tweaks to do but it's working well.

wow any more pics of the lady in the red miniskirt???!!!!! :thumbsup:

this could be a stupid question, but....

why is the tv above the sofa, how are you supposed to see it :confused:

this could be a stupid question, but....

why is the tv above the sofa, how are you supposed to see it :confused:

It's over the 2nd sofa that is only used if people come over (in which case we don't have the TV on):).

Nice...

Great room too - looks like a hell of a lot of work gone into your place so far!

You must have been very good for Santa to bring those pressies :D

we at AV forums demand more pics of the Mrs. She looks like a keeper dude!:smashin:

Nice...

Great room too - looks like a hell of a lot of work gone into your place so far!

You must have been very good for Santa to bring those pressies :D

Thanks mate.

Yeah at a lot hard graft (and money).

I've done most of the work myself (apart from the plastering) so you have to do it as time/budget allows.

The old 32" has gone upstairs into bedroom but no pictures of that room as it desperately needs decorating!

Love that AV Rack..:thumbsup:

Cheers. I'm still thinking about taking it apart and painting the shelves in white.

Mainly to make it easier to dust.

The wife and little one were out this afternoon so I managed to refit the centre speaker (I need to get a little bit of trunking for the cable):

AV14.jpg

Rear speakers:
AV12.jpg

Viewing distance:
AV13.jpg

AV01.jpg

Harmony One all configured (well pretty much anyway)
AV18.jpg

wow, got anymore??? Just kidding, but wow you have a beautiful lady there though :thumbsup:

Thanks mate.

We're very skint (little one arrived three months ago) but happy! I just wish January wasn't such a long month.

I managed to finish getting the Harmony One all set up last night so it now correctly switches between the HDMI input correctly (not an easy process!)

There is now also the temptation to purchase a couple of extra speakers and upgrade to 7.1 (the cable is already there and ready to go!)

Other Rooms in the house:

Kitchen - Would be nice to change the back door and also redo the kitchen (new units/worktops)

Lounge - Finished (although we may change the lounge window)

Bathroom - Needs gutting and starting again (possibly next year)

Master Bedroom - Rebuild walk in wardrobe, install a full size door onto this and build a recess for the TV to mounted into. Keene IR to be installed to controll any devices hidden in the walk in wardrobe. Does anyone know a switch or wifi router that can be wall mounted?

The nursery/home office - Finished (including wall mounted 22" screen and CaT5 cabling).

I want to start working on our bedroom this summer but that will all depend on budget (or lack of it)

Cheers,
Phill

Thanks Lukeyy,

AV Gear (Expensive), Wife (More Expensive), Kid (Don't even go there)...

The blinds were from B&Q and less than £40 if I remember correctly. Certainly a lot cheaper than the custom ones in the kitchen which came in at about £350!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom