A dummy needs help with a SONY TV



I have a 9 year old Sony Trinitron with a somewhat tired CRT. I understand that I can adjust the G2 screen control to "bandaid" fix a blinking screen. I have removed my cover, but have no schematics for this old set. I have absolutely no clue where the G2 control is located in that big mess of wires, tubes, capacitors, hoods, etc, and everything else.

I'm sending links for 3 images of the innards of my Sony TV. If anyone can point out or describe the G2 in this maize, please let me know!




Robbie28 :confused:


Standard Member
I would guess this will be a tired Electrolytic capacitor. I wouldn't recommend poaking around in there(no offence but if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be asking this question!) There are some VERY high voltages in there and some capaicitors(and the tube!!)can hold a charge.If you insist the screen control is usually on the LOPT-the big black thing with two leads going into it(one red goes to the tube) OR on the tube neck(although that's usually the focus control)


Standard Member
picture attached


  • Picture1sony.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 59

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom