1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A dumb question...(possibly)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Juzminator, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

I'm very tentatively looking into getting a PJ (probably the much-discussed AE100), and I was wondering this:

You know that "stuttering/jerky"effect you get on R1 DVD's when there's a long, slow pan (sorry - I used to know the actual technical term for this, but it's gone outta my head at the moment)? Will having a PJ remove it?

I'd be feeding the PJ from my DV737 (in progressive mode/component cables??).

Sorry to be a bit vague, and apologies if this has come up before, but as I didn't now the actual term used I couldn't very easily do a search :blush:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    No it wont remove it. It's there because of the method used to turn 24 frames per second film in to 60 fields per second video. The only way to rty and eliminate it is to re-constitute the original 24 frames and then show them in multiples of 24 refreshes...ie 48Hz, 72Hz. There are video processors and HTPC's that do this but there are very few fixed pixel projectors that will work at these refresh rates.....no problem for crt's(of high enough bandwidth) though....

Gordon

It's called judder...or stutter...or annoying...

3. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Gordon :)

Bit PO'd that a PJ (hee hee) won't remove this niggling dislike of mine....

Never mind.