• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A drunk

Ned Senior

Prominent Member
Does anyone share a lot of time with somebody who likes to drink a lot and whom makes them feel ashamed when out among strangers whom have not partaken in the "oil"

When I say anyone I mean some or even one of you who does not drink really.... Maybe a half of lager at most!!

How do you deal with it???

Do you put up with it ...Or

Do you remove the drunk from your associates?????

Urgent answers needed please am totally up the wall dealing with this person

shodan

Distinguished Member
I have and would again cut people like that out of my life. Life is hard enough without people trying to bring you down, especially if they are meant to be close to you.

Ned Senior

Prominent Member
thanks Shodan :)
sadly tonight we are 270 miles from home and I have too many scruples than to sod off now haha

I said to myself before getting here it was a make or break trip tbh
they will never change that is for certain

such a loveley fun to be round person BUT the demon booze is if not daily then every third day at most

i feel my life will be an often unhappy one if I stick close

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
I've spent time with my mates who like to drink fine, I just drink coke and they get that.

DrWise

Banned
80% of my social circle were drunks
now it has been reduced greatly to 20%
you get rid of people who drink more than need be!! and act silly afterwards :)

Graham27

Distinguished Member
Amongst my circle of friends, the worst is the early 40s women in the midst of mid-life crises. They all seem to go mega-flirty as if they're trying to prove they're still desirable or something. Practically every one of them acts like a horny 18 year-old when they're sloshed. Had a few dodgy situations when they've said something to me then regretted it when they've sobered up.

My missus turns 40 in 6 months. She's a nightmare already. She's quite shy, but a single bottle of cider and she's flicking her hair and giggling and dancing away like no-ones watching. It works out quite well though. I just give her another bottle then she's ready to go home to bed. Not like that, nowt worse than a horny drunk. More in a 'Put her to bed, grab a beer and stick the PS3 on' kinda way :D Then she'll be all apologetic in the morning and go out and get me a nice brekkie!

Deadringers

Distinguished Member
Amongst my circle of friends, the worst is the early 40s women in the midst of mid-life crises. They all seem to go mega-flirty as if they're trying to prove they're still desirable or something. Practically every one of them acts like a horny 18 year-old when they're sloshed. Had a few dodgy situations when they've said something to me then regretted it when they've sobered up.

My missus turns 40 in 6 months. She's a nightmare already. She's quite shy, but a single bottle of cider and she's flicking her hair and giggling and dancing away like no-ones watching. It works out quite well though. I just give her another bottle then she's ready to go home to bed. Not like that, nowt worse than a horny drunk. More in a 'Put her to bed, grab a beer and stick the PS3 on' kinda way :D Then she'll be all apologetic in the morning and go out and get me a nice brekkie!
^^
This guy has got it made! :)

SBT

Banned
People who drink like that rarely give it up,i'd stay well clear.
Just this morning i saw a bloke outside the paper shop drunk at 9AM :( what sort of life is that?

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
My friends and I started going to pubs in our mid teens but I didn't start drinking until I reached 20, so for 5 years I was the only person amongst my friends who didn't drink. To give them credit they never made fun of my not drinking or pressured me to drink. In fact the only time someone made fun of me was a complete stranger who started having a go at me when I ordered a soft drink at the bar. Where I live now, the people I go out with are all sensible drinkers, not surprising as we're in our mid forties, but a couple of people we know are very heavy drinkers. Most days they finish work and are drunk before tea time.

shodan

Distinguished Member
Wore Nowt said:
Nowt better than a horny drunk :D

Drunk and sweaty, god bless 'em! (the women that is!!!)

shodan

Distinguished Member
Each to their... Actually, no, sorry, I draw the line at sweaty :D

They aren't sweaty when they start.... But they are 2 mins later....;)

shodan

Distinguished Member
Wore Nowt said:
Does the two minutes include foreplay :D

Fore what? Is that something to do with golf?

campy mccamper

Prominent Member
Fortunately not any more but a few years ago I use to hang around with a bunch of heavy drinkers after going through a bad break up. One of them died aged 34 due to the drink.

baldrick

Prominent Member
Wore Nowt said:
Does the two minutes include foreplay :D

No, but it does include a quick game of Angry Birds afterwards whilst he gets his breath back!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom