1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a difficult one....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dts_boy, Feb 13, 2003.

1. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    having just pruchased a Tag AV32r and power amp, second hand i must state, if i was to sell the power amp how much would i be looking at - i paid £1900 for it as it was mint with box and remote etc...
    i only ask i am considering upgrading it already (am i mad:confused: ) i need a one box 7channel amp as i have decided to make use of 7.1 now i have the extra speakers and processing power to do it, more importantly wife approval!!! i must stress to the mderators this is not a sale yet, if i decide to go ahead i will post the ad in accordance to forum rules, i'm just enquiring about price for the time being.

2. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Looking at the Tag site it would appear that the price you paid was more than reasonable. On that basis why not look to augment your 5 channel amp with either a good quality stereo amp or a pair of good quality monoblocs? okay, it's not all in one box but you would be getting the best bang-for-the-buck I would think. There are a number of threads criticising the Tag amp but for surround and centre channels it's a fine amplifier. That would allow you to spend proportionally more on some cracking L/R amps that would then show their mettle when playing CD's, assuming that your L/R speakers are the best speakers in your system.

Just a thought.

3. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    its a good solution exept that the wife only wants 1 box and i pushed it getting rid of the intgerated to a pre/power combo. i think that the arcam p7 is the solution, so if anyone out there wants to swap...:smashin:

4. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Post your power amp for trade/sale in the classifieds.

One, I won't have to stomp on you for rule breaking :D
    Two, you'll get a lot more offers:smashin:
    As for price - price it for what you're happy to sell it for - if you only paid £1900 for the lot, then £1000 for the power amp section is the kind of bargain that most people won't be able to resist.

5. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If your power amp is a Tag, then check out the Tag site, I'm sure that they can now offer more than 5 channels of amplification in a single box and you can specify exactly how many channels of power you want.Yep, try here for the details.

Happy hunting!