a different magic eye / TV link problem?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by zico martin, Mar 18, 2006.

1. zico martin

zico martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    for a while i had a sky+ being cabled up into my bedroom which using one of those magic eye/ TV link thingies I was able to control from the bedroom. Absolute heaven! No seriously it was fantastic, but....

after a while the thing stopped working, ie. the red light stopped coming on. I tested it by plugging it directly into the RF2 output in the back of my Pace PVR3 and it worked fine then. The picture of my sky still looks fine in the bedroom as well so i dont see how my problem could be caused by the cable deteriorating in any way.

Any ideas what could have caused this? help ( pretty please!!)

2. clockworks

clockworks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    It's either a break in the cable between the RF2 output and the magic eye, or a faulty booster/splitter on the same cable. A high frequency TV signal is quite capable of jumping across small gaps or through bad contacts. The 9 volts that powers the magic eye isn't.

Check that all the plugs are tight, especially where the inner core of the coax cable goes into the pin.

3. zico martin

zico martin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

thanks mate , I'll see if there is anything i can do with my cable otherwise i guess I'll have to get a replacement