A denon 2500BT to a Denon DBP-2012UD worth it ?

Meridius

Hi all is it worth upgrading to this player as I have had the 2500bt for 2 years bow.

Does it have the same build quality and also the same picture quality or is it better. What about loading times have they improved.

Would you swap a 2500bt for the 2012ud model for free as I have been offered this option

Cheers

Last edited:

Meridius

Anyone ?

Meridius

can no one give me some advice on this at all ?

Avi

Distinguished Member
no point unless you need 3D
or DVD-A or SACD, or a video post processor (unfortunately the D&M implementation can't used to it's best with PAL DVD) or quicker load and operation or source direct mode....... to name a few differences

Avi

Meridius

Cheers

Would of thought he new denon would be a lot faster and better but by the sounds of it it's no improvement

Avi

Distinguished Member
Cheers

Would of thought he new denon would be a lot faster and better but by the sounds of it it's no improvement
As above "quicker load and operation". I assessed the 2500 over a few days and it was pretty slow operationally. I'd be surprised if just about any current product wasn't significantly quicker to load and operate. Also many will output HDMI image without manipulating the image to create a more enhanced look although you may prefer the enhanced look of the Denon.

It really Depends what you want from the player and how you performance.

Avi

Last edited: