1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple of Z3 Questions...Help a Newb

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Geesus, May 19, 2005.

1. Geesus

Dec 23, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    As I mentioned in a related thread, have been playing with my new toy for a couple of days now - it's my 2nd ever PJ after a cheapo Tosh got me hooked, and generally I am over the moooooon with it's performance, however I have a couple of questions.

1) Looking at the bulb while the PJ is on - obviously not directly into it, it looks like there are some small horizontal 'scratches' - is this just the light being emmitted causing an illusion by picking up minor specs of dirt, or something more sinister do you think? I dare touch it with a cloth or anything, but the puffer tool is not removing them.

2) I am calibrating using Avia, but having read the calibration FAQ on this site, it's advice tends to deviate from the advice given by the dude on the Disc, especially when setting black and white levels...my question - who is right? :D The author on this site's advice, tends to give me a far more washed-out picture, while If I tune as according to Mr Avia I get a darker image, with higher contrast, but seemingly deeper blacks

Thanks for any and all advice :smashin: