1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of z2 questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gibbajabba, Dec 10, 2003.

1. gibbajabba

gibbajabba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,im ready to order my z2 :) im thinking of getting it from either ivojo or purple cat,purple cat is cheapest but not sure if you guys might know anything i dont so wanted to ask if these suppliers are both good? When i get my z2 i just want to watch dvds to start with,i checked my dvd player and it has a av scart socket and a s video socket which is best for my z2 and where do i get the leads and what are the leads called.My budget for the leads needs to be around £50 as im allready spending nearly all the cash i own to get the projector!

2. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I bought mine from IVOJO and I would always recommend them. There was an issue recently involving Purple Cat, nothing really bad but they don't do dead pixel checks and they were quite clear on that IIRC :)

As for cabling, the best you can do in your scenario is RGB via the scart, but I'm not sure how you would get that into the PJ, but rest assured someone will :)

3. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    As one who has not yet purchased a projector, I've been very impressed indeed by the Ivojo team, especially getting so many forum members a superb deal on the Sanyo Z2 and following through to the despatch process.

Weirdfish is quite correct about the other retailer you mention.....nothing really serious at all......although if you do happen to give them a phone.....you might even be lucky to get a hold of the frustrated and concientious "Mr. Taylor" who is apparently in their employ, or not.

My personal preference, and can be taken with more than a pinch of salt, is for Ivojo......simply on the basis of a Dead Pixel Check.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nexnix worthy of consideration too.

5. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,714
    Ivojo have been fantastic, had a problem with my first Z2 and they replaced it straightaway, no questions asked. When I told them I had a problem with my 2nd Z2 (sparklies, looks like 7.5m DVI cable length problems) I e-mailed Ken Davies at approx 10.15pm last night about it and he phoned my at 10:45 pm to discuss it!!!!! How about that for caring about your customers! As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't go anywhere else

Cheers
    Andy

6. markbro

markbro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it looks like rgb scart to vga, then vga to dvi. Keene do the appropriate cables. Check out post "Z2 and RGB Scart" on page 6 of the forum.

7. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    RGBs for sanyo z1 from Keene will work. Tested it tonight

8. markbro

markbro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how does it compare to Svideo?

Also how long is the cable?

Mark.

9. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Mark, I will have a look tonight. Ill hook up the DVD via composite, componant, RGB VGA and svideo. If I can I will try and take photos close up of a screen with text on it, that should hopefullt illustrate any differences.

Still miffed about my digibox!

10. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    What was the Digibox problem Nunew33?

11. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The RGB out doesnt work as it should.

When connected to the TV using a fully wirde scart it keeps unsetting itself and works once in a while.

When using the Keene RGBs scart to VGA. Tere is no signal for the majority of the time and once in a while a garbled image gets through. This lead works perfectly with the DVD.

12. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    a general question about the Z2 and RGB signals..

Once you are using it with RGB, does the Z2 allow colour adjustments? Some displays when showing RGB signals remove the 'Colour' adjustment (colour as found on old TV's I mean rather than the individual R,G and B levels).

13. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I will check tonight

14. MrT

MrT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I got my Z2 from Purple-Cat around 3 weeks ago. Ordered and arrived, as promised, within 7 days.

Have it connected via component to a Sony 930 DVD and via a home made Scart RGBs to DVI cable to a Panasonic Sky digibox. Cable took 10 minutes to make using a 10m scart to rgb cable from CPC and a 10m length of 75 ohm co-ax. Got the DVI connector from CPC as well. Selected RGB scart on the Z2 and away it went. Not too bad a picture considering the quality of Sky transmissions. Cable cost less than a tenner!

MrT.

15. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its definately the Digibox thats thr poblem for me. Im swapping it for a grundig with someone at work who doesnt need rgb

16. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Hi, Mr. T, Glad to hear you got sorted, hope you managed to get yours before their price increase.

17. gibbajabba

gibbajabba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the input guys its appreciated :) So if i have read correctly i need this lead SBB92S from keene.Im going to order from purple cat,i mailed ivojo to find out how much delivery was and they replied quickly but then i replied to them again to ask if they would match the price of purple cat stating that ive heard they have good customer service and i would rather use them and i didnt even get a reply!This to me doesnt seem like good customer service,even it they replied with a polite "we cannot match that" but to just ignore me isnt good! Seems they have too much money to be bothered with me :confused:

18. markbro

markbro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nunew33
    One other question if you get a chance, which vga->dvi adaptor are you using? as Keene state, I quote, "We don't know if the Sanyo will support composite video sync on the DVI connector".
    Cheers.

19. MrT

MrT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    markbro,

The Z2 does accept composite video sync on the dvi connector - it has the option in the menu - 'RGB scart'. Which is designed to take R G B and the composite directly from scart. No other electronics is required for scart RGB input. Running a home made lead here from a sky box RGB scart with no problems.

20. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    MrT knows more than seeing as he can knock up a DIY lead!!!

But Im using a bulk standard VGA to DVI connector. They do nothing more than map the pins.

21. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    gibbajabba

I've search our in box but so far have been unable to find any emails asking us to price match other suppliers. If you could PM me your email address I'll look again but we do try to respond to all emails as quickly as we possibly can so it would appear that your second email has not arrived.

As an aside I find your comments regarding "Seems they have too much money to be bothered with me" a little unfair. There seems to be an assumption that email is first 100% reliable and second all email arrives seconds after you send it. Neither is always to the case.

22. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I've dealt unforunately in the past with companies where that comment could be justifiably levelled out at.

But when a company offers a fantastic saving on a product,secures the orders and then meticulously keeps those customers informed and fully updated, right up to despatch and beyond is not a company that "can't be bothered", far from it.

I've never purchased from Ivojo, not yet anyway,but I'm certaily more than impressed by what contact I have had with them in the form of emails, always answered promptly...... bugger it, I wish I would have got in there on that Z2 offer.

I think the difference in price between that other retailer and Ivojo on the Z2 is around £15.00 or so.....not enough in my book to warrant a price match, given Ivojo's excellent service to their customers, to me at least that more than compensates for the relatively small price difference.

Any chance of doing an "xmas special" for me Ken? :D

23. gibbajabba

gibbajabba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I appoligize i guess it was a little unfair but thats just what i felt when i thought i had been ignored,i thought you thought my request was a little cheeky so you didnt reply.

24. gibbajabba

gibbajabba
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The what you call "small diffrence" is over £20,purple cat have my order! Cannot wait to get it :D

25. PeterV

PeterV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe im no good at maths but I make £ 1225 - £ 1215 = £ 10

of course then there is the VAT so a grand difference of £ 11.75

and I know which one I would buy from

26. William123

William123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Yes Peter me too......and I just have.

Will get my Sanyo Z2 next week. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Davies of Ivojo for his time and very helpful advice on purchasing the unit and of course to other forum members for their helpful input over the last few weeks.

Yes it is cheaper at that other retailer, I did qualify my comment by stating "relative to the total cost".

I was not impressed by the antics of that other retailer one bit and as a potential customer I will not tolerate being talked down to, or misled (breaches of warranty if boxes are open before transit within the premises of the retailer) what utter nonsense.

I simply won't deal with a company on that basis, even though I could have got the unit a few quid cheaper.

Peace of mind, excellent customer service and a Dead Pixel Check...IVOJO.....enough said.

27. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    See new thread Z2: composite ...........comparison thread

All cables 10m all from VDC

28. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    You sound remarkably like a chap called Mr Taylor:rotfl: (surely he wouldnt,would he?)

I ordered my Z2 from Ivojo and cant fault them for their customer services,they really do seem to make an effort for the customer which is quite refreshing with some of the companys around today.

Im afraid I would have paid that extra 20 quid and then some for the pj from Ivojo as opposed to the alternative.:lesson: lets hope you pj doesnt get any probs.

Anyway,its a crackin pj m8,Im sure youl be more than happy.