A couple of stupid questions about my browser

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by Zaichik, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +700
    Hi, I was hoping someone here could help me with a couple of minor issues with my browser (IE9):

1. A couple of weeks ago, I opened an account on the TomTom website. Since then, despite my settings showing my home page as a blank page as usual, the TomTom website comes up whenever I open IE9. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?

2. I visit a lot of forums and when I log in to each, I select the option to log in automatically next time I visit. Up until recently, I would be automatically logged in on each visit. However, over time, I am finding that forums are "forgetting" me and I have to log in manually each time (this forum is the latest one to go) and the "remember me" option no longer works. Again, why is this happening?

I run regular virus and spyware checks and they have not found anything.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +700
    Ok, I've sorted number one with the help of TomTom customer services. It was the MyTomTom application doing it and customer services pointed me in the direction of the system tray icon (which my computer had "helpfully" hidden) wherein a setting to turn off the feature could be found.