• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A couple of questions ahbout my car subwoofer

• Thread starter Captain Carling
  • Start date
C

Captain Carling

Hi all, ive just got myself a sony xplod 10" sub, its the XS-L1035, and i was wondering if its best to mount it in a sealed box or a ported box.
Also i have a sony 4 channel amp and was wondering if i connect the sub via its high level inputs, would this give the sub more life.

Thanks for any help you can offer

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Moved to In Car Entertainment (ICE) :smashin:

Linx08

Hiya, most modern car subs work best in a sealed enclosure. For a ten inch sub I would recommend you make a box with an internal size no bigger than 0.8 of a cubic foot.
As to your amp you say use the high level outputs, on some amps they have high level inputs that you use to get the audio signal into the amp. Instead of using the phono or RCA inputs. I'm not sure what you mean by high level outputs, a four channel amp will obviously have 4 speaker outputs, some amps allow you to bridge two of these channels to run a sub with more power.

I hope this makes sense and is of some use to you. :eek:

regards linx

philliph

Standard Member
a sealed box will provide better damping but won't provide as low a frequency response as a ported box how ever which ever you choose it should be built to the speakers q figures and not a mickey mouse thing froma car tuning shop.it will only end in tears

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom