1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Panasonic E-30 Questions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by crawf1982, Jan 21, 2003.

1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a Panasonic DMR-E30 machine on order but I still have a couple of questions to ask....

1. If I record straight onto a DVD-R disc can I then put the disc in my PC DVD burner and author it in a program such as Ulead DVD Workshop? Can I finalise the disc in Workshop after authoring in the same way that the E-30 does?

2. Does the E-30 record DVD-R discs using UDF 1.02?

3. Is it possible to record footage in US NTSC on the E-30? e.g. could I record some camcorder footage onto a DVD-R and send it to friends in the US to watch on their stand-alone players?

Many thanks,

Dave

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    1. No. You can do it using RAM discs (if you have a drive on the PC that can read them)

2. don't know - the manual should tell you.

3. It records what you put in, so if the source is NTSC set the input to that in the set up menu and away you go. It won't convert a PAL input to a NTSC recording.

3. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Remember you can only have PAL OR NTSC on a disc; not a mix of both; the discs the player produces are region free, so your friends should have no problem playing them, unless they have an older DVD player that can't handle DVD-R discs...

Cheers,