1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple of Loewe Questions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Garrett, May 26, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,363
    I set the picture some time ago with a set-up disc but just recently I’m finding the skin tones especially in the studios are looking like that guy David Dixon? Could some one who has use a setup disc let me know their settings.

Also my number 1 key on the remote need a lot of pressure to work, can this easily be repaired at home, if not will it still come under my extended guarantee.?

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

What a horrid thought :laugh:.

It would appear that your Colour setting has changed Garrett. Not sure why this would have happened - maybe just reverted to default or something. Anyway, I set all my levels with Avia - which offcourse is optimised for NTSC but I tweaked a little here and there to achieve a good result with PAL material as well. Settings as follows:

Colour: 36 (anything from 32-36 looks good)
    Contrast: 38
    Brightness: 25 (Aconda default was 23)
    Sharpness: 1 (lowest setting and takes some getting used to)

Give them a go and see if it helps any. Your default settings on your Aconda might be different to mine and your room lighting conditions will vary but see what you think anyway :).

Not sure if the remote will be covered under the extended guarantee - is it with Domestic & General? Have a look at the fine print if you have the documentation. It doesn't sound like a major problem though and the area inside/around the Number 1 key might just need cleaned. You can take the Control 150 apart as it's just clipped together. Be careful and prise it apart one side at a time.

:).

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,363
    Thanks for the reply groundy:smashin:

I have been using those settings and been giving them some time to adjust to which I now think is all right, apart from the sharpness. Which I had at 2 before and find 1 takes a lot of detail out of things. So I have gone back to 2 I even think it could stand a bit more.

Can’t see how to prise the back of the remote.