1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A couple of Iscan questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yatesd2404, Jul 8, 2003.

1. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Having searched through the forum and read up on the Iscan Ultra I was thinking about getting one to go with my Sharp XV-91E.

I have a couple of questions though on some bits that I have just read and hoped someone could help before committing to my order.

1) I read in one thread that generally the poor BBC & ITV signal on Sky means that the output image from the Iscan is not that brilliant anway (what you put in you get out!!). This for me is not such an issue but can someone tell me what Sky Movies and Sky Sports are like, as these are the only channels I would probs stick up on the PJ.

2) My PJ has only 1 component in and at the minute I use that for my DVD. Am I best to use the ISCAN to PJ using the RGB to the RGB in on my PJ?? Or should I put the DVD into the ISCAN and then have everything going over RGB (YUV mode)->to component on PJ??

3) I have no DVI inputs available, is it worth looking at a converter to use the DVI out and then converting the signal closer to the PJ where I can then use a good quality, low loss, small length cable??

I know alot to read sorry about that, any help would be greatfully received.

Cheers,

Dave.

2. yatesd2404

yatesd2404

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry forgot a question

4) How much better would the picture be if instead of using S Vid out from Sky box I went with RGB scart into a JS converter and then fed component picture into the Iscan?? As that was another option I was thinking about. Really want o get the best picture possible for Sky Movies and football.

Thanks,

Dave.