A couple of Humax 8000 q's

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Daddy, Oct 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Daddy

Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Is there any way to prevent the HUMAX from sending the scart switching signal when it boots up for a scheduled recording ? Currently it hijacks the the TV's AV source when recording which is a bit odd considering VCRs have been able to deal with this concept for years.

Also, my EPG seems a bit patchy. Does it update the EPG when in standby or only when on ? In contrast the EPG on my plasma freeview tuner (Panny Viera) always appears complete and up to date.

Thanks !

2. AllYourBase

AllYourBase
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You can get past that problem by just leaving it on, a recording event won't bother you then, that or get a argos scart switcher thingy

It does update EPG when in standby as well as when it is on, I have had EPG problems but it is usually at the same time when my sony box upstairs does also, I think it's more likely a transmitter prob - now and next always seems to work perfectly

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    You can disconnect (or retract) Pin 8 on the SCART connector. That will disable ALL auto switching.

4. Daddy

Daddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies. I may try the pin trick if it gets too annoying !