• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A cooker suitable for a flat

Charlotte_A23

Standard Member
Im looking at refurbishing my kitchen but im a little unsure about what cookers are allowed and are suitable for use in flats. Can some give me any advice- what am i allowed to do/not allowed to do?

Can anyone make any suggestions or has any previous experience?

Thanks

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Im looking at refurbishing my kitchen but im a little unsure about what cookers are allowed and are suitable for use in flats. Can some give me any advice- what am i allowed to do/not allowed to do?

Can anyone make any suggestions or has any previous experience?

Thanks

Apart (presumably) from coal or gas fired Aga's I would have thought most electric and gas cookers are 'allowed'.

Do you want a cooker or a separate oven and hob.?

Ayub

Distinguished Member
I would fit a electrical cooker. Or a f.s.d. ( flame safe device)

If your flat is a HMO You have no option but to fit fsd or electric.

I have a few houses and i let them out to students. I have gone down the electric route.

poolielee316

Standard Member
I would fit a electrical cooker. Or a f.s.d. ( flame safe device)

If your flat is a HMO You have no option but to fit fsd or electric.

I have a few houses and i let them out to students. I have gone down the electric route.

i would totally agree there i had a electric cooker fitted in my 2nd floor bedsit.i feel they are a lot safer than gas in my opinion:thumbsup:

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
Charlotte, it depends on your circumstances, of course, but are you sure you actually need a full-blown cooker? These days, unless you are really into cooking, or do lots of dinner parties, I reckon portable devices are much cheaper and work just as well.

A combination microwave oven (£200 or so), a couple of portable electric rings at about £20 each, plus the inevitable kettle & toaster, may well be all you need.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom