1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a code that works with ntl/pace digibox?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by stranger, Nov 23, 2002.

1. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got a tivo and am happy with it, however it wont change chanels reliably on my pace digital cable box (model di 4000 n) tivo are aware of this problem but if anyone has an answer I would appreciate it, thanks.

2. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try asking on www.tivocommunity.com The Tivo UK forum is very good at sorting out these sorts of problems with the NTL boxes.

BTW, things to check, are you using 200020 codes, have you got just one IR emitter in front of the box, about 2inches in front of the NTL box, to the left hand side of the channel numbers.

Finally, you may have some problems with dust. Some people recommend placing the emitter on the top of the box pointing down to stop dust affecting the emitter.

Hope you get some success.

James

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    I just swapped my 1000 series STB for a 4000 the old code 20004 fast still works but I do still have the doongle attached. I also remember when TW upgraded there software about 6 months ago 4000 series boxes stopped working without a doongle so may be the same has happenend with NTLs recent update

4. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am running NTL cable with a 4000 series box without the dongle.

tivocommunity.com recommends using 200020 codes for 4000 series, the previous codes locked up the radio channels.

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tjanks guys, got it working with one dongle and 200020-medium, thanks to james the dongle is now on the correct side (is this known as dressing on the left?):)

6. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Get in touch with TiVo support, only i bet that its just about getting the right code for your IR settup. They fixed me up very quickly. Daz