A Clockwork Orange: Collector's Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

This film is an absolute classic and would be a day 1 purchase. But I really won't pay for this so called collectors rubbish that's just designed to inordinately inflate the price.

I'm not remotely interested in fancy packaging and postcards so I'll not be buying unless there's a proper version with just the film.

I've got some beautiful so called special editions of bluray such as the night of the Demon and the man with the extay eyes. But they cost around £20. The latter has beautiful books and posters etc that have never been opened as I've no interest in them.

Many people will be put off from paying over £30 for a special edition.

I absolutely agree with them.

I'll wait or not bother. As will most people.

I've searched to see if there's a proper release with just the film and can't find it.

Is it any wonder 4k bluray sales are so low in the UK?

Oh yes this limited edition is on amazon and HMV. Therefore it's hardly a limited edition it is?

This film is an absolute classic and would be a day 1 purchase. But I really won't pay for this so called collectors rubbish that's just designed to inordinately inflate the price.

I'm not remotely interested in fancy packaging and postcards so I'll not be buying unless there's a proper version with just the film.

I've got some beautiful so called special editions of bluray such as the night of the Demon and the man with the extay eyes. But they cost around £20. The latter has beautiful books and posters etc that have never been opened as I've no interest in them.

Many people will be put off from paying over £30 for a special edition.

I absolutely agree with them.

I'll wait or not bother. As will most people.

I've searched to see if there's a proper release with just the film and can't find it.

Is it any wonder 4k bluray sales are so low in the UK?

Oh yes this limited edition is on amazon and HMV. Therefore it's hardly a limited edition it is?

Correct me if I‘m wrong but I am sure you have posted a similar rant on other CE threads.

Apologies for taking the thread OT but I couldn’t help myself...

Some folks like paying a premium for boxsets like this, others don’t. What purpose does your post serve in a thread full of people excitedly discussing the release? i actually think the broader topic of CEs, and their role, particularly for niche labels, is an interesting one. Why not start a thread on it?

As for your specific points

Many people will be put off from paying over £30 for a special edition. Many won’t. It’s sold out and people will pay a premium on EBay (maybe it’s too cheap?)

I absolutely agree with them. Well done

I'll wait or not bother. As will most people. This isn’t aimed at “most people”. Others will indeed wait, in the same way some wait for new releases to hit the 2 for 30 deals.

I've searched to see if there's a proper release with just the film and can't find it. Based on all other similar editions, there will be a standard release.

Is it any wonder 4k bluray sales are so low in the UK? Whether or not the uptake of 4k would increase significantly if all new releases fell to, say, £15, is hard to know, but this is a moot point when talking about premium editions like this.

Oh yes this limited edition is on amazon and HMV. Why does a limited release have to be sold by only one retailer? Either way, this is an ”exclusive“ release, with the exclusive bit being the Steelbook.

If you feel compelled to reply then you should probably do so via a new thread.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom