A choice between these 2 cameras

LavaWave

Novice Member
First off I'm new to digital/mirrorless cameras, so far I am using my awful mobile phone camera, A Xaomi Redmi 9AT phone and I am getting sick of it's low quality camera therefore I've been told that one of these 2 cameras below would be good enough and affordable for a person like me.

Canon EOS M50

Sony A6400

My intention is to later on upload videos on youtube of me playing piano or whatever else I feel like uploading on youtube, I am merely a hobbyist, indie musician not a professional.

So yeah I am going to buy 1 of them for video capture mostly.

They're both mirrorless since I've read mirrorless are better than DSLR for the most part, so I sought for them.

For sound capture I will be buying a Zoom H6

If there are other recommendations about video capturing camera, I would like to know, thank you.

Solution
Welcome to the forum @LavaWave :hiya:

Both of the camera you have listed are firstly a stills camera rather than a camcorder. Is there any reason for this as you state it will be used for uploading video to YouTube? If you want to use it for both stills and video then fair enough, but I would suggest a camcorder would be better for video if not being used for photographs too often.
Any camcorder from Panasonic, Sony or Canon should get you something capable of excellent video and reasonable photo's. What you can get will depend on how much you want to spend. The other advantage of a camcoder is you do not need to be spending out for additional lenses as they come with a decent lens with a fairly good zoom range, so less to spend...

MarkE19

Welcome to the forum @LavaWave :hiya:

Both of the camera you have listed are firstly a stills camera rather than a camcorder. Is there any reason for this as you state it will be used for uploading video to YouTube? If you want to use it for both stills and video then fair enough, but I would suggest a camcorder would be better for video if not being used for photographs too often.
Any camcorder from Panasonic, Sony or Canon should get you something capable of excellent video and reasonable photo's. What you can get will depend on how much you want to spend. The other advantage of a camcoder is you do not need to be spending out for additional lenses as they come with a decent lens with a fairly good zoom range, so less to spend out and lighter to carry around.

I own both the Canon M8 mirrorless camera and Panasonic HC-VXF1EB camcorder

Mark.

Upvote 1
Solution

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom