A cheeky Plasma Wall

C

cheeky

After months of planning and a battle to convince my better half I've finally started a total re-design of the living room including the introduction of a Panasonic TH42PWD8.

Attached are some pictures of my living room before this project started.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

C

cheeky

My equipment list before this project started was:

Sony KV-28FX60U - TV
Sony DVP-NS700V - DVD
Sony STR-DB930 - AV Receiver
Sony PS2 - Game Console
Sony MDSJE470 - Mini Disc Player
Sky + - Satellite Box
Celestion F30 - Front Speakers
Bose VCS-10 - Centre Speaker
Bose Acoustimass 5 Series III Speaker System - Rear Speakers

I recently sold all my speakers on ebay and was very pleased with the final bids. All the remaining items except the Sky + box and the Sony PS2 are available for sale. Please send me a PM and make me an offer if you’re interested.

My new equipment list will consists of the following:

Panasonic TH42PWD8 - Plasma
Pioneer VSX-2014i – AV Receiver
Pioneer DVRRT501S - DVD/VCR Combo
Anthony Gallo 5.1 Micro Speakers
And my Sky + box and PS2 game console

C

cheeky

First job last weekend was to extend the two satellite cables and the RF cable coming in from outside into the living room. These now all come in below floor level and pop out of the floor boards just in front of the fire place. All the other RF cables that are used to boost the sky signal to other TV’s in the house were also re-routed in front of the fire place.

Second job is the master piece I’ve been planning over and over again for months which I’ve named the ‘magic box’. The ‘magic box’ will be used to house all the AV equipment and will be fitted within the current fire place opening.

It’s probably best just to look at the photos to get a better idea.

The ‘magic box’ constructed out of MDF has various holes on both sides and top panel for cables and the base will be a removable shelf for easy access to cables coming out of the floor.

With some help from my father-in-law I’ve also extended the electrical ring in the living room and fitted 9 additional power sockets inside the ‘magic box’.

Attachments

C

cheeky

can anyone advise?
I've attached a picture of my living room layout (roughly to scale) and the red squares show where I plan to place my 5 Anthony Gallo Micro speakers. What I'm concerned with is the angles and how off centre the fronts are to the rears. Is this a problem?

Attachments

binbag

Have you thought of putting the LR speaker on the side wall above the sofa and the RR speaker opposite on the side wall behind the door? The sweet spot will still be next to the door but at least the speakers are more equidistant from it. How high are you planning to put them?

lunker

Totally off topic sorry.

Those Anthony Gallo Micro speakers look fantastic. I'd really like to see some finished pictures.

C

cheeky

Binbag - I have considered that option however my wife wasn't keen. Having the rears located above the sofa in between the side wall and door is more discrete.

C

cheeky

I agree they look the business - discrete but sound good as well. Should get some progress pics up in about 4 hours. Plasma wall is built and all walls have been plastered.

Well pleased with the result :clap:

Trending threads

Top Bottom