A Challenge to All DLP Owners...

voxel

Standard Member
Reaction score
The winner??? Anyone that can watch more than 5 minutes of Sin City on their DLP.

I watched sin city from start to finish a couple of days ago on my LG44 dlp,
what's the problem ? :confused:

I've never ever seen rainbowing before, not even slightly yet I couldn't look at the screen for more than 5 seconds without seeing it everywhere in Sin City - the extreme black and white contrast really brings it out. Man, it made me feel SICK.

I have the Axium HDD45 by the way.

voxel said:
I've never ever seen rainbowing before, not even slightly yet I couldn't look at the screen for more than 5 seconds without seeing it everywhere in Sin City - the extreme black and white contrast really brings it out. Man, it made me feel SICK.

are you sure it was'nt just the odd colour they seem to have thrown into the movie every now and then ? :devil:

Seen it twice now. :)

You lucky people!

I just found it bazarre that I don't get this effect at all across almost 200 other dvd's (some with high contrast scenes) yet on this one is it OTT.

Weird!

voxel said:

Try Phantom of the Opera. That has a B/W sequence at the beginning where you could possibly replicate this effect, to confirm that it's the DVD and not the TV, maybe.

I've watched Sin City on my Tosh with no problems, other than the film isn't very good, but that's another matter.

Regards

Mark

This does sound like a movie that would cause the effect if any would. This movie should be suggested to non DLP owners thinking of purchasing to confirm if they suffer rainbows.

You're all blooming lucky - I'm one of the poor few who get rainbows galore on everything I watch :(

However I put up with it because barring the rainbow issues my Sammy SP50's picture is superb, specially for the cash spent...I've also verified that rainbows signifcantly decrease with HD sources...roll on SKY's HD box :)

hifiboom said:
so future DVDs will have a label then: DLP compatible.....

hahahaa................. :clap: :clap: :hiya:

Joke I know but... rather if a person is "DLP compatible". :hiya:

As far as I am aware some people are much more susceptable than others to the dreaded rainbow effect, I've been watching my DLP for about 6 months now and in all that time I have spotted it just once and then even though I tried to see it again intentionally I could not see the pretty rainbow, go figure. :cool:

i have no problems with rainbows.
However, I can easily see it in one case - white mouse coursor over the black background :D
which doesn't create any problems.

Another way to induce them is to 'unfocus' your eyes in the same way you have to, to see those strange 3-D pictures that appear to be nothing but coloured blobs to begin with. But it takes quite a bit of will power to force your eyes to stay in that state. Certainly not something you'd normally do while watching TV.

Regards

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom