A candle lit Knob...

Mat-O

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's my attempt at low light. I Poured myself a large glass, lit it with 7 candles and I was away!

I took a lot of shots but in the end I opted for the small aperture with a long exposure for the 'stars' around the candle flames. A large aperture with shorter exposure gave largely the same results, just without the starring.

D5000 @ 30mm f/29, 15 seconds.

Nice shot - and good title :devil: - wonder if it would have worked if you had lit the glass of whiskey ?

Jim

Funny I was expecting something completely different when I read the title.....

Nice shot though :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. It's the sort of title you can't help but have a glance at...

With regards to lighting the whiskey I did try it but it wouldn't light. It wasn't knob creek I tried though as it's my favourite, may have had more luck with it's higher strength.

I'm not sure how well it would show up as the flame is blue and almost invisible off alcohol, I'll have to try again at some point.

f29? Was that to get the starbursts?

Nice simple shot, maybe a bit more space between the glass and bottle?

Well thought out components though.

Yes it was. I did some shots with a variety of apatures but in the end I liked the stars best.

It took a while, several times I thought I had the shot, when I put it on the computer I realised I could see a bit of the candles behind it or spotted sometime else. Got there in the end though!

sorry I missed this, its an excellent capture and composition:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom