1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A camcorder mic for under £100

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by scook17, Sep 23, 2002.

1. scook17

scook17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm going to be doing some film work soon, which involves interviewing one person at a time, inside, in a fairly quiet environment. I was wondering what sort of mic would be a good choice and what considerations there are when selecting a mic for a camcorder. I have a Panasonic MX350 camcorder.

Kind Regards,
    Shane Cook.

2. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can get some very good lapel mikes for that kind of work. Some of them are stereo and all. I can look up the offical Panasonic model numbers if you'd like.

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke

3. scook17

scook17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've really no idea about mics. Are these wireless type mics, or are wireless mics very expensive? I'd prefer not to have a mic and stand in the middle of the shot if I could.

I looked at the panasonic site (https://www.panasonic.co.uk/olshop/accessories/accsel.asp?p=NVMX350) and they have a 'Stereo Zoom Mic' and a 'Stereo Mic'. The zoom one was over twice the price. What's a zoom mic?

Kind Regards,
    Shane Cook.

4. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No mate

these are lapel mikes like what they wear in a TV studio. They clip onto the side of the interviewee's jacket (blouse /shirt). They're not wireless, so you feed the cable down out of sight to the floor then over to your camcorder.

I'm good friends with the Camcorder product manager for Panasonic NZ, so I can ask him a few questions like what you've posed if you'd like.

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke

5. scook17

scook17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where is a good place to buy these sort of mics?

Kind Regards,
    Shane Cook.

6. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't tell you a UK supplier (what with being 12000 miles away and all), but I'll get the model number and you can contact Panasonic UK's helpdesk. I'll post on here later on today (my day obviously).

CHris 'kiwiranger' Parke

7. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Shane

OK model number is RP-VC200

here's a reference for you to check out.

http://www.panasonic.co.nz/web_content2.asp?id=100004577

Hope this is of some use to you. I can ask my mate about your recording / lighting questions too if you'd like.

Cheers

Chris 'kiwiranger' Parke