A/C router with Vdsl2 capabilities?

jonnboyy69

Hi,
My current router (Draytek 2820n) was frazzled by a lucky lightening strike 2 weeks ago :-( , it fried my BT mastersocket/filter together with the stock Open Reach vdsl modem (ECI 1B) and finally killed my WAN2 ethernet port in my 2820n.
Now is the opportunity to "upgrade" my router hardware i thought......however....I wish for a 1 box modem/router solution to reduce clutter and replace the xmas tree lights of the BT OR modem and the equally ghastly EE brightbox router ive been forced to unpack and temporarily use from my isp.
Ive only seen 1 product that provides both a/c wireless and vdsl2 as a 1 box solution on the market at the moment; Fritz 7490 (International spec) at an eye watering £290!
AVM FRITZ!Box 7490 International 4-Port Gigabit Wi-Fi 11AC Router with Integrated FTTC/ADSL Modem: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I seem to have 3 options available to me;
1)Purchase another 2nd hand Draytek n router linked to the BT modem, enjoy solid connection as previously but wait for further developments on the a/c router/vdsl 1 box solution?Draytek Vigor 2750N VDSL 300mbps Wireless Router and Firewall 4719853559226 | eBay

2)Purchase the latest a/c router such as the Asus RT and continue to link it thru the BT modem?
Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 Black Diamond Dual-Band WLAN Router, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Gigabit LAN/WAN, 2x USB, Print FTP UPnP VPN Server, IPv6, 8x SSID: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

3)Continue limping along with the sh*tty EE brightbox router linked to the BT modem and save ££ until more "1 box solutions" arrive?

Anyone in a similar predicament? im a little surprised at the lack of choices available at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom