Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

A Buying Mistake (Pioneer)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by byron_hinson, Oct 26, 2004.

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    A few weeks ago I went out and bought the Pioneer DCS-222 Home Cinema System

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=7928&taxonomy_id=62-100

A few weeks later my GF bought us a 26" LCD Screen, now if i had known this before, I would have got a progressive scan DVD player but the one I got cant be returned so I'm going to be keeping it as I use it for Dolby and DTS output for my Xbox and other stuff.

At the moment I am looking to buy a Pioneer DV-575A-S for the progressive scan playback, what I want to know is that if I connection the new DVD player to my old one's digital output connector - If i run the old player, will I be able to output Dolby and DTS to my speakers ok via line out.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    VIA optical in you should be fine mate via analogue stereo it wont work. (only Prologic etc)