A-bus-type system advice please

Alphie

Standard Member
I currently have a Cambridge Audio 540R AV amp in my living room. I'd like to make its output available in two other rooms with local volume controls, probably using ceiling speakers. At least one of these rooms would benefit from stereo. It looks like the A-Bus systems would fit the bill well, although I'd love to hear about alternatives. I'd like the hub to be in the attic, keeping the amount of extra equipment in the living room to a minimum.

I've looked at a lot of different systems, but none of the main ones seem to have the all the components I need. Most of them are intended for more than one input, and most of the hubs seem to be designed to be sited near the audio sources. I guess what I actually need are:

1 x input module (in living room)
1 x single input hub with at least 2 zones or sub-zones
2 x wall controllers
3 x speakers (1 stereo pair, 1 mono)

I guess that amps could either be in the wall controllers or two of the speakers, depending on the exact system.

Could anyone recommend a particular range or compatible combination that would fit this requirement?

vex

Novice Member
Do you want to listen to different things in different rooms or the same thing in each room, just at different volumes.

This will have an effect of the system and solution you choose.

V.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom