----> A boundled thread with subwoofer builds by me and my friend - Swedish Craftmanship

MattiasBGD

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi my name is Mattias Vendel,

My daytime job is as an electrician and my friend works at the woodshop as an CNC operator. At weekends and evenings we spend time building the speakers and when I´m not there I do the drawings and designs at home.

Me and my friend have some builds I would like to share.
Until today it´s only subwoofer builds but soon we will start with a ML-TL speaker from Creative Sound Solutions - CSS Criton.2 but there will be a separate thread with info and pictures of all the build stages.

Hope you enjoy the builds.
I understand that you may think that we are a production company but right now it´s just an hobby which have escalated and the last build with four LMS-R 15 and two Ultimax 15" are two friends we helped building new subwoofers at the Swedish forum to learn more about cabinet design.

My first DIY:
Dual Sonotube 400mm diameter absolute minimum to fit a 15inch driver
Amp: Behringer iNuke 6000Dsp
Drivers: Dayton Audio DVC385-88 15"
Clothing: White leatherette (found very good quality feels like real leather)

HTS Forum
My dual sonosub build Dayton DVC 15" "SWE" - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Swedish forum picture gallery
Minhembio.com - Hemma hos MattiasBGD - DIY - 2st cylindersubbar 15tum

The thread continues when I build new cabinets big ported 190liters instead for the Dayton drivers but my wife started to cry when I brought them home to our apartment so I sold them to a friend and made inserts to fit his TC Sounds LMS 4000 12" instead.
The sonotubes was sold including the Dayton drivers and with the money I started to plan a new subwoofer build.

Final result should look like this first picture

Today 6months later they are back for the paint job I can post the result in this thread later this weekend.

Third build
The subwoofers I use today
Dual CSS SDX12 Hybrid Ported/Sealed

HTS Forum
Dual CSS SDX12 Ported/Sealed - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Minhembio.com - Hemma hos MattiasBGD - DIY Dual CSS SDX12 Subwoofers!

Fourth build
My woodshop friends subwoofers
Dual Eminence LAB12 Hybrid Ported/Sealed

HTS Forum
Dual Eminence LAB12 Ported/Sealed - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Minhembio.com - Hemma hos MattiasBGD - DIY Dual Eminence Lab 12 Subwoofers!

Picture taken at my place before he picked them up.

Fifth and sixth build
Four LMS-R 15 & Two Ultimax 15 sealed
One guy will get two LMS-R 15" towers and the other guy two singel Dayton Ultimax 15" same cabinets design but different roundovers on the edges

HTS Forum
Four LMS-R 15 & Two Ultimax 15 sealed --Sweden-- - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Minhembio.com - Hemma hos MattiasBGD - DIY 4st LMS-R 15 och 2st Ultimax 15

Regards
Mattias and Albin

Last edited:
You have been busy! :laugh:

They look great! :thumbsup:

Superb styling and finish which is what you would expect from a Swedish person.:clap:

But even more important than their looks, did they sound good?

Just been viewing your build threads on the shack forum, the pics you have included really show the high standard of work you can do, you and your buddy have done some fantastic work with these subs. If they sound half as good as they look you should be very happy with them.

As has been said in those threads you should make a business making subs as your designs and build quality are top notch. There are plenty of high earners out there that would pay top dollar for a/v kit with the looks you have achieved.

very nice indeed, there's something refreshingly appealing about your designs :smashin:

yep there is some real quality and the designs are top notch.

Thanks guys!

They actually perform very good, nothing to complain about I´m actually thinking about buying two more SDX12 drivers. If I do I would like to make four new cabinets with slot port to get the tuning lower.

hq

hq

hq

Just awesome.

What kind of prices are you selling these baby's for.

These subs still have one detail left a brushed aluminum ring around the driver.

His neighbour is an retired painter so here is some progress with the four LMS-R 15" cabinets.

You all have some serious skills, I am very jealous :laugh:

The attention to detail is very professional and the finishes are as good if not better than some manufacturers .

Thought i d click on this thread to check it out but i wasn't quite expecting this! These cabinets look amazing, i have to agree with mojogoes. I want one! lol :thumbsup:

Very very nice. Why 4 binding post per sub.

Dual voice coil, the flexibility to connect the coils in different setups without lifting out the driver.
I have thought about that myself, but I am confused as to how the different wiring layouts don't interact?

I have thought about that myself, but I am confused as to how the different wiring layouts don't interact?

On a dual coil speaker, you have 4 terminals, 4 wires, one from each terminal, going to one of the 4 binding posts..... What's to not understand? lol.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom