• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

A bit of help with a GT750xl

I move into my new house in about 6 weeks and it will have a dedicated "my space". A loft conversion which is split into 2. A 15x11 room thats gonna be my hifi room and a 14x11 thats gonna be my cinema and xbox room.
I really like what i have read/heard about the optoma gt750xl but really need a bit of advice about setting the PJ up. Basically how do you get it to give a perfect fitting 100 inch picture when it has no zoom or lense shift?
do i put the screen in first and then the PJ or the other way round? i'd like it ceiling mounting so i can play kinect with out screen shadows.

MadamePresident

place the PJ on the floor so it displays the right size image on the wall. Measure distances as accurately as possible from the walls and then mount it on the ceiling.

Then turn the PJ on so you can see where the PJ points at and then place the screen.

Be careful as my GT750 seems to be off centre to the right slightly to get a square image, so reverse left+right while placing it on the ceiling.

If there's an easier way I'd like to hear it too :)

Last edited:
sounds like its gonna be fun. will decent anchor bolts hold the PJ and mount into a ceiling? i want to use a motorised screen so will that be ok with anchor bolts into the ceiling?
do you rate your 750? have you used it for kinect? the only other games it will be used for are forza and fifa
what sort of throw would give 100/120 inch?

Last edited:

kbfern

Distinguished Member
It will give a 100"-120" from around 5ft-5ft 6".

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom