A bit of advice plz needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFSTER

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I want a PS3 and need some advise

1) Can get a brand new PS3 60gb for £400 of someone on ebay which i am sure they retailed at only £350 ish

2) Get the new 40gb ones

I dont care about the storage

Dont play old games anymore

Dont care about usb ports

Not really care for the card reader either

Want HDMI

Want to be able to update it via wireless if possible or ethernet

Is the new 40gb one shiny like the 60gb

as far as i know they dont have any disadvantage for blu-ray etc

whats the deal with the new chip and is that better for heat issues

I want a PS3 and need some advise

1) Can get a brand new PS3 60gb for £400 of someone on ebay which i am sure they retailed at only £350 ish

2) Get the new 40gb ones

I dont care about the storage

Dont play old games anymore

Dont care about usb ports

Not really care for the card reader either

Want HDMI

Want to be able to update it via wireless if possible or ethernet

Is the new 40gb one shiny like the 60gb

as far as i know they dont have any disadvantage for blu-ray etc

whats the deal with the new chip and is that better for heat issues

From what I understand, the 60GB version is no longer produced....so you would be paying a premium price on ebay for the 60GB version.

Yes the 40GB is gloss black and has wireless....what it won't do is play SACD's and PS2 games...

Get the 40gb without a doubt, you have no reason to go for a 60gb as you don't need any of the features it offers over the 40gb.

The 40gb has a glossy finish, it has hdmi, it has built-in wifi, it uses the new smaller chips, and runs cooler hence has less ventialtion holes. :smashin:

I am will mainly use it for Pro Evo and Blu-Ray and thats it

With what you've said, i would go for a 40gb version which you can pick up for around £280 off amazon

From what I have read, they do seem to run at a cooler temperature (or atleast the fans are quieter)

The 40gb has hdmi, wifi and runs wireless perfectly (or in my instance it does anyway) and is not the shiny silver, only the matt silver, but it still looks mighty fine!!!!!

dont think i missed anything?

I am will mainly use it for Pro Evo and Blu-Ray and thats it

i wouldn't bother with pro evo this year on ps3 as it was absolutely shockingly bad. Nothing like the excellent ps2 versions. Sold my copy a couple of weeks ago.

Had a look at the 40gb ps3 in currys the other day, doesn't look as good as the 60gb one with had a nice embossed "playstation 3" logo on top compared to the 40gb one were the logo is just printed on flat. Not a deal breaker i know , just amazed by some of the cost cutting sony have done to make the machine more affordable and reduce production costs.

i wouldn't bother with pro evo this year on ps3 as it was absolutely shockingly bad. Nothing like the excellent ps2 versions. Sold my copy a couple of weeks ago.

Had a look at the 40gb ps3 in currys the other day, doesn't look as good as the 60gb one with had a nice embossed "playstation 3" logo on top compared to the 40gb one were the logo is just printed on flat.

I would agree with that. Normally i play pro evo on a more or less daily basis until the next version is released. This year i got it the day before general release and have probably clocked up 20 hours max - i really wanted to like it but frankly it doesn't deserve the pro evo name. It was by far my biggest gaming disappointment of the year.

This question has already been discussed and anwered before and doing a search for "40GB" orf "60GB" will bring up the relevant thread(s). Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom