• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question A bit of a Noob but may have bought the wrong projector?

gordyjackson

Novice Member
Hi Guys (and gals I'm sure!)
I have had a reasonable setup for a few years, an old VGA Sony projector sat on a cupboard at the back of the room and a manual sapphire 1.8m screen in the opposite corner. My speakers all in the right places etc etc. This Xmas I decided to upgrade to a Benq W1070 and plopped it does where the old one sat and the image is huge! I can'r shrink it down to fit in my screen either so I'm a bit stuck, either:
A. A Bigger Screen and move all the speakers
B. Mount the projector on the ceiling half way down the room
C. Return the projector and is there one that has a more variable 'zoom' function?

I am still within my 14 days so could return it and swap for something else depending on anyones advice here?
What do you think?

Cheers in advance
GJ

By The way, my room is 4.4m long by 2.8m wide if that helps. I would like to go from corner to corner

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Hi, I have this projector and it is a short throw projector, hence the huge image from a short distance, I have my projector roughly 3.5 meters away from my screen and get a lovely 120" diagonal image..can you achieve this?

gordyjackson

Novice Member
I could but it means fixing it to the ceiling and having wires along the ceiling and down the walls? Not the ideal setup but starting to lean that way!

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Hmm I see, I don't have a dedicated room but do have the flexibility of using the projector as and when needed, I place it on a raised slimline table behind our sofa. I have thought on several occasions to ceiling mount it, but really want to wait until I have a dedicated room , just watched 2 blu rays tonight and still blows me away.

gordyjackson

Novice Member
Hi Guys, I think I've sorted it. I moved the screen in the end and now the projector can shoot from a side table. I did look at mounting on the ceiling but see how it goes! Absolutely amazing picture! looking forward to going back and re-watching all my old movies! Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom