1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A big thanks (PL30)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by UrbanT, Feb 28, 2002.

1. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks to all the people who gave advice on a new 36" TV. My final decision after lots of deliberation and info on these forums was the PL30.

Arrived today. The picture is amazing. Used a geometry test to check, and I've never seen lines so straight. DVD pic quality is stunning. Sky pics are a little soft but only on 3 or 4 channels. On the vast majority they are excellent.

Will have to give it a few weeks for any problems to surface but initial impressions are great. Heres a pic for you.

[​IMG]

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woohoo ! Looks like you made a very good decision. Enjoy your new TV. :D :D

3. YOUWIN

YOUWIN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    hi everyone, first post on this 'ere forum :)

have been folloing the posts concerning all the 36" tv over the last 2-3 weeks and have come to the conclusion i will be buying a panny PL30 in the near future.

Urban T - can i ask where you bought it from - i've been looking at empire - £1367 i think it was there.

Nice looking set up btw :)

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks Youwin,

I got mine from Sound in Vision, even though I have read some pretty ropey things on here. It was £1414 inc. delivery (empiredirect is £1417 inc. delivery).

The reason I chose Sound and Vision was not price. They were very helpful on the phone but the clincher was that they promised they use a courier with a two man team who would unpack the TV and show it to you before the leave. This was a godsend as only my wife would be in during the week when they delivered it. Its important to understand they don't set it up (no hassle as its a very quick job), and they don't make the matching stand up either, so if you haven't already got an existing cabinet I assume they will leave it on the floor.

I am praying it doesn't go wrong as S & V's after sales service does seem questionable, but so far the TV has been great :)

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Empire Direct also use a two man crew. They open up the box and "place" the TV for you but they will not build the stand.

I too am very pleased with my PL30 as I indicated in a previous post.

6. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    George74, its a real shame they didn't mention it on the phone as its a great selling point, and I would have put the order with them if I had known. Glad you are happy with yours to :)

7. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Love the stand and the TV. Where is the stand from? I thought I was going to go with the Toshiba 36" Picture Frame, but I've changed my mind again!

Incidentally, a friend of mine has bought from Sound and Vision and received good service and a very good price, just suppose it's the luck of the draw.

8. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    Thanks Beavis, the stand is made by my dad as I couldnt get anything how I wanted it. The centre sits snugly in the middle and the doors either side have panels made from accoustic speaker material so you can't see any equipment but remotes work through it fine. I will tell him you like it :)