• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

A big difference between Montior Audio R90s/R270 set-up?

darren s

Standard Member
Hi all

Would there be a noticeable difference between a home cinema set-up of Monitor Audio Radius R90s all-round, compared to R270 fronts with R90 surrounds?

As for the centre speaker, I always see the R90s bundled with the R180, and the R270s with a R225... I guess that's because the R180 matches the R90s better than the 225, is this correct?

Also, if anyone would like to help me with my speakers/amp buying dilemma, please reply to my other thread here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/home...-radius-kef3005-yam-1065-denon-19-2310-a.html

Thanks people!

Darren

LX200GPS

I think all these speakers in the Radius range are all interchangeable. I auditioned the R90 in stereo mode and was very impressed by such a small box. My plan was to buy them and mount them using the supplied wall brackets. However, I didn’t buy them. Instead I got their big brothers – the R270 floorstanders. For the centre I chose the R225. I also have a small BK Gemini sub. Very pleased with the sound these produce. At the moment I have a pair of Linn Locales for the rears but these will be replaced within the next few months by a pair of R90’s
When listening to music In stereo I very often don’t bother switching the sub on, so impressed I am with the floorstanders.
By all means put them on your list to audition.

darren s

Standard Member
Jeez! There I was, all set on just getting the R90s only, then you say how good the R270s are! :facepalm::)

lechacal

Novice Member
I've got 270s at the front and 90s at the back. The 90s are very good speakers but when I was auditioning them I found the 270s to be noticeably better for music. If I didn't listen to much music I might well have gone for 90s (or 225s) at the front.

As the other poster said, all the speakers in the Radius range will match well with all the others.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom