A better hdmi switch

Edgie70

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all , I have one of these hdmi switches for my dvd player and Amazon fire TV box but believe it or not this one I have has been stopping sound getting to my sound bar via arc , I've left it disconnected now for over a week and the sound bar has worked fine , can anyone recommend a better hdmi switch, something of a " brand name " and one that isn't cheap rubbish but not majorly expensive , thanks
IMG_20220426_224744__01.jpg

I would take a can of contact cleaner & spray it on a HDMI plug & then insert & re-insert that plug for a bit.
It might get those contacts clean & working again.
DeOxit is the best one probably, but I am unsure which one, there are many.

The SONOS Arc and Beam (Gen1 and 2) have eARC Inputs so will not work with a conventional HDMI Switch.

You can either connect your Sources to your eARC/ARC enabled TV and configure the Sources accordingly, use Optical (using the supplied SONOS adapter) or add the HDFury Arcana or Vertex3 (VRRoom) which can enable the SONOS eARC port and allows you to connect a Source/Sources capable of uncompressed HD audio to the Soundbar (if your TV is ARC/compressed audio only).

Which TV do you have?

Joe

The SONOS Arc and Beam (Gen1 and 2) have eARC Inputs so will not work with a conventional HDMI Switch.

You can either connect your Sources to your eARC/ARC enabled TV and configure the Sources accordingly, use Optical (using the supplied SONOS adapter) or add the HDFury Arcana or Vertex3 (VRRoom) which can enable the SONOS eARC port and allows you to connect a Source/Sources capable of uncompressed HD audio to the Soundbar (if your TV is ARC/compressed audio only).

Which TV do you have?

Joe

Thanks , it's my dvd player and Amazon box that go in to the switch , the Sonos is on the earc of the TV , I first noticed that the sound was taking about 10 seconds to come out of the Sonos and eventually it stopped and came out of the TV instead , rebooted everything and all was good until next time TV was off and came back on , took 10 seconds for the sound but came out of the TV speakers again , I disconnected the switch and just have Amazon box direct in to TV and sky and Sonos in earc , it's all fine now ! But wanted another switch because I'd like to watch the odd dvd .

A fair few of our HDFury Arcana customers use a Switch by Roofull from Amazon - that should work on the Input side of your TV too.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom